Benefits of setting up a Wiki over a Blogging site?

1. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 6 years ago

I've been contemplating this for the past 2 weeks, since the site I'll be making could be..

A) a wiki (think Wikipedia).
    B) a information site set up with a blog.
    C) a combination of both.

Thing is.. with a Wiki it doesn't feel like your "forced" to keep on updating, but instead you could handle it like you would with your hubs, perhaps a couple times per week splurge a bit by adding content, and also since the topic could be informational (which it would be, either way), it could be a bit easier just going that route. This would be nice if I'm busy with work, going on vacation, etc. On top of that, users could add content so it's more of a community.

But.. I've been doing Wordpress blogs for so long that it's almost second nature, yet the only large drawback is that I feel that I MUST keep on updating daily to get new content to the top of the blog.

If I do both, I may feel a bit overburdened because I'll be researching the topic(s) as well as posting new articles.

What's your thoughts? A wiki? A Wordpress blog? Both? big_smile

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
    Kimberly Bunchposted 6 years ago

Go for what you can handle and what you love to do. I hope it pays in the long run. Nothings worse than putting so much time and effort into something and there's no payout. No reward for the hard-work and effort you put into it. Yet there is always learning and bettering your skills through the practice.

Just stick to what you'll love to do!

3. starx profile image56
    starxposted 6 years ago

Personally i can't handle wiki spam-bots, so i prefer blogging platform.