jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Add Relevant News Articles to My Website

1. Barb H profile image66
    Barb Hposted 6 years ago

I would like to add a few relevant news items to my website (not a hubpage) to help with SEO efforts. I have read numerous hubpage articles that recommend this strategy for helping with getting better page ranking. The problem is I can’t figure out how to add the required code to my page to get it to work.  I understand that using JavaScript won’t help because search engines only see a link not the relevant news items. I would also like to get news that relates to the particular page. I’m going on day 3 of trying to figure this out and getting very frustrated.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What is your website built on?  If it's Wordpress or Blogger, there's a Google news plugin.

2. Barb H profile image66
    Barb Hposted 6 years ago

Marisa

It is a XHTML website hosted on GoDaddy.I used HTML-Kit, a free HTML editor.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, you'll have to wait till someone more knowledgeable comes along!  That's why I use Wordpress, you can create everything with ready-made plugins and widgets.

3. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Marisa actually does just what your asking - just via wp plugins

Your easiest way will be to go to poogle news and pick out a relevant rss for yourself - then use an rss to html service

at google news - just use the search field  then right click the rss icon you will then get something like this:

http://news.google.com/news?pz=1&cf … output=rss

then find  a rss to html service - just google it - heres one example

http://www.rss-info.com/en_rssinclude-simple.html

sometimes, the sites have issues with google news rss formats - either look for a more traditional rss feed from a new source or see if running it through feedburner or yahoo pipes makes it work

there will be other ways to get this done (3rd party widgets/php scripts) - but rss to html is the most search engine friendly way I have discovered to date

4. Barb H profile image66
    Barb Hposted 6 years ago

Sunforged

Thank you for the information. It was very helpful.

working