jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Would you close your hubpages account to change username?

1. adamu profile image59
    adamuposted 8 years ago

I just got my hubpages account yesterday. And I immediately got to like what this community has to offer. I even made a few friends and got a couple of fans - and I don't even have my first hub yet!

But I have a challenge.

When I opened my account I didn't realize that my "login name" will become how all my posts will be signed and how I will be known in this community. So I didn't select it too carefully.

Now I learned that to change it, I'd have to close my account and open a new one.

So here is the question - especially to those of you who have been "hubbing" here for a while. What would you do if you were me?

Does it make sense to close this account since it's only a day old (but I have already created detailed outlines for five hubs) to get the user name that brands me better long term?

Or don't worry about it, stick with what I got, and move on?

Thanks in advance for taking a moment to share your insights and suggestions on this.

1. embitca profile image81
      embitcaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Since you haven't published those hubs yet it would be very easy to just create a new account and copy & paste all the hub info into the new account. I don't think this would be worth doing if you'd already had a presence here and a bunch of hubs, but since you've published nothing yet, go for it.

2. Moonmaiden profile image83
    Moonmaidenposted 8 years ago

You can have more than one account. So if you want to, leave this one open, but in the bio put a link to the newer one. But since it is only a day old, I'd make it inactive and build on the new one. Don't delete it until you've moved everything you need to over to the new one.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I say it would depend on how badly you want another name vs how lazy you are smile

Many people here have names that they did not intend to have, and interact happily, and by the way you already earned good reputation on forums, so I personally would just leave things as they are.

But, well, I picked the name I wanted, so I can't really relate wink