jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (25 posts)

The image chosen by the author of a certain hub is adult content.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image86
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago

So why is it on here?  I'm referring to the image associated with the hub titled, "Vitamins for Male Menopause."  I haven't read the article.  I'm not commenting on the author's writing ability. I do think the photograph chosen to market the hub here on Hubpages is a poor choice.  I first saw this photo come across my laptop about a month ago when I signed in.  I have seen it numerous times since.

I don't want to refer anyone to Hubpages if it looks like there is adult content on here.

This image is of a woman lying on top of a man. Both look naked.  How is that not adult content?

Any comments are welcome and I especially hope to hear from the Hubpages personnel.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago

The HubPages admin team needs you to alert them by using the "flag this hub" feature found at the top of every Hub (right under the title) if you see something questionable.  Posting in the forum is inappropriate.

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I didn't realize it was inappropriate to post the question here.   It's funny, isn't it, how wide a spectrum is on different people's idea of inappropriate?  Ironic.

So, sure if Hubpages thinks that's not inappropriate -- and they must or they would have notified the author -- then fine.  I'm not comfortable with it, but live let and let live.

1. relache profile image86
          relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The admin team does not review all Hubs.  They rely on community feedback to fine-tune the process.  So to presume that they've seen it is mistaken.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pamela, as Relache said, HubPages doesn't check every single Hub when it's published.  It would be physically impossible, they'd need a lot more staff than they do!

Their moderators do spot check, but they also rely on us to flag anything we think is a problem.  So that's what you should have done in this instance.

Posting about it here instead is inappropriate because you've just given this Hubber a bit of free publicity - look how many people have gone to check out the picture! - and if he really was breaking the rules, that's the last thing he deserves.

2. sunforged profile image64
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago

that would be a very strict interpretation of "adult content" !

the photo is tasteful and relevant

Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Let me guess.  Are you a man?

1. psycheskinner profile image81
          psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think the photo is totally fine, and I am certainly not a man.

3. Polly C profile image87
      Polly Cposted 6 years ago

No, I don't think this image would be classed as adult content.  Scenes like this are shown on TV before 7.30 in the evening, way before the watershed. It doesn't really show anything and is relevant to the hub as the text explains that the male menopause can cause problems in a physical relationship. I think it's fine smile

4. bgamall profile image86
      bgamallposted 6 years ago

Not male content at all.

1. bgamall profile image86
        bgamallposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lol, I meant "not adult content" Not much male content either. smile Just kidding. .

5. st lucia for sale profile image61
      st lucia for saleposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't regard it as adult content. Yes an adult may draw the conclusion that they're naked, sexual partners, but to more innocent eyes they're just two people in bed, like they see all the time. I definitely wouldn't regard it as adult content. Nudity isn't nudity if you can't see it!

6. Lily Rose profile image84
      Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

I see nothing wrong with the picture; it's not distasteful, at least not to me...

7. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I really don't see anything wrong with this photo. it's tasteful and appropriate for the article. I've seen photos which I thought were far more 'adult' than this one.

8. torimari profile image79
      torimariposted 6 years ago

Can't see I agree with the OP either. Pictures are relevant and tasteful.

9. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 6 years ago

I didn't find it offensive, but I'm not easily offended. lol

10. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

I didn't go look!  Too sensitive!

1. habee profile image90
        habeeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Right - about as sensitive as a brick wall!

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
          Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Name calling!   I'm tellin'!

11. BanjDog profile image61
      BanjDogposted 6 years ago

Have to agree, this is not adult content, there are more explicit scenes on TV during the day and early evening.

12. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 6 years ago

I didn't say you WERE a brick wall - I said you were LIKE a brick wall! BTW, the kitten died. I have to go to the animal shelter in the a.m. to get a replacement.

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess this means a new contest recipe for Chinese food, huh?

13. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

That picture is not even remotely "adult content."  Queen Victoria wants her spectacles back.

1. SunSeven profile image62
        SunSevenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess its similar to a case of overzealousness of a dutiful policeman/woman.

No offence meant. smile

Best Regards

14. Stan Fletcher profile image75
      Stan Fletcherposted 6 years ago

I've seen more graphic images in toothpaste commercials.  And I've seen unflagged images on hubpages that would put this one to shame.  just check out Shadesbreath's Coors Light girls for example.  I've already alerted the authorities about Mr. Breath.

working