jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Many Hubs vs few hubs

1. tristam15 profile image59
    tristam15posted 6 years ago

I've got a dilemma about whether to publish tons of different hubs vs publishing a few different hubs.

I've seen people posting a few hubs and making tons of money and also people making money with hundreds of hubs.

Which kind is better? More hubs vs few hubs?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A few high quality Hubs will make more money than tons of low grade rubbish.  A lot of good Hubs will make more money than a few good Hubs.

It's hard to see the point of barreling in and writing lots of Hubs before you've discovered which subjects make money.

2. 0
    MyMoneyTalksposted 6 years ago

See how your few hubs do first, if not keep grinding away, it won't hurt to add more hubs!

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Write few but high quality hubs. They will make you more money than 2x hubs that are of low quality.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

You want to write a lot of high quality Hubs big_smile

5. Spacey Gracey profile image76
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

It depends how you learn and how much you know abot SEO and internet marketing. Oli's right that lots of good quality hubs are the answer, and that certainly is my goal, but before I reach it I'm sure I have written loads of mediocre and some rubbush hubs? Every time I read abot a new keyword research technique or about backlinking, I chuck out a few hubs to try it out. I'm not making loads of money, and I didn't expect to. But I am making some money while I learn.

Enough about me - remember when you see the great hubbers making tons of money out of 19 hubs - those are not the only 19 hubs they have ever written online - they have tons of experience and years of learning behind them.

Welcome to HubPages - ask lots of questions and read lots of answers - I've found the people here very friendly and helpful.

6. Cattleprod Media profile image85
    Cattleprod Mediaposted 6 years ago

I think learn as you go along and that means practice. Keep writing Hubs and testing out what works for you. Refine your skill and you'll start learning what works and what doesn't, so you'll need to write quite a few Hubs in the beginning to learn. After that go back and refine the Hubs you started out with and make them better with everything you've learnt. Add to them, refine them, edit them and make sure your keywords are working for you.

Well, that's what I'm doing. I'm also mixing up currently popular topics with more evergreen topics. I feel you can surf the wave of popularity with some Hubs, while creating the "long tail" of content with others.