jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Hub score

1. Constant Walker profile image61
    Constant Walkerposted 8 years ago

I published a hub this morning, "Will Religion Decide Election's Outcome?" which has received 57 views today - the highest amount of any of my other hubs - for one day, yet the hub score has been steadily sinking and is now at 27.
       The hub score isn't a big thing with me but, let's face it, a high score is nice. I'm happy with the hub and stand by it, but this doesn't make sense. Does it?
       Anyone have any insights?

1. Dorsi profile image91
      Dorsiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I've found that letting my hubs "stew" a bit before I publish them makes the hubscore go up. I don't know why that it is but it is!

2. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

The score seems very low since it is a well informed and insightful hub.  Give it a few hours and hopefully the score will go up.

3. marisuewrites profile image61
    marisuewritesposted 8 years ago

I know constant,  I experience something similar with
    America hub,  it goes up and down and I don't know why with all the page views.

4. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

Have you noticed that the Google ads are all about affiliate marketing and how to make money online?  HubPages may be picking up on the same thing, whatever it is that's causing your hub to be read incorrectly.

5. Constant Walker profile image61

The score was 50 when I first published it.  Well, so long as it's fairly "normal" I won't worry about it. Thanks everyone.

6. Constant Walker profile image61

Peter, you're right.  I wonder if I should just get rid of Google AdSense.

7. Marye Audet profile image90
    Marye Audetposted 8 years ago

I wouldnt worry, Constant..I noticed one of mine from today was at a 30 and I dont think I have every had one hit that low. hmm
    There may be some adjustment going on.

8. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

Don't do that yet.  Give it a day or so, it may just be a little buggy.  Wait and see if it works itself out.  If not, you can ask HubPages for more insight.

9. Constant Walker profile image61

Thanks Marye and Peter.  I won't worry about.  Like I said earlier, I'm happy with the piece.

10. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

I also have one that is inordinatrely low-scored and am just waiting it out. Let's see what happens by the end of the week. smile

11. In The Doghouse profile image95
    In The Doghouseposted 8 years ago

I think something might be a little "quirky" today with scores, another hub I viewed has dropped very low also...not a normal thing.  It might just correct itself.

12. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

Whatever was happening has been cured - liek acupunture loosening up a stiff joint or an angel lifing a brick wall out of the way. Something was sluggish and blocked, somehow. All fixed now, alteat for my own Hubs!  smile

working