Travel writer job requires traveling, employer pays travel or scam?

1. Connie Ho profile image79
    Connie Hoposted 6 years ago

Hello all, it's been a while. I recently return to HP and start re-writing after a long lapse. Today, I apply for a online writing job through craigslist. The guy from california check out my website and call me, ask if I am willing to be a travel writer for him. Point me to his website. He said I will have to travel because that way I can write "authentic pieces". This sounds so fishy, why he would pay me (based in Montreal Canada) to travel long distance just for writing? At the end, he shoot me an email. His email is something which is not the same as the one listed on his website.

In fact, during my conversation with him, I am already very skeptical about it, I said "is this a scam?". This perhaps scar him off a bit, so he didn't ask much personal thing like bank info or what.

I think this is a scam. what you think? They pay travel writer to travel and write?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It would be easy to find out.  Take the job and see if he sends you a valid airline ticket or not.

2. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

There are a job opportunities out there similar to this, just be careful.

Don't give any information out, avoid meeting in person untill you have actually received payment for your work a couple of times, and check your tickets are valid with the airline.

If this is a valid opportunity it could be a great chance for you to go travelling!