jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Helpful Advice needed - it sounds funny but -

1. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

I was trying to get the link to one of my hubs via the link at the bottom of the page. As I did so an ad next to it said - interactive advertisement, as I clicked on my link (to get my tracker code in the URL) a dishwashing tablet advertiesment appeared on the screen

OK I know it sounds funny, I am laughing too - but have I clicked on my own adsense ad by mistake? I am worried as I am reaching the threshold for my first payout soon. Not laughing at this bit, I have been writing hubs for nine months to get this far.

Sorry if I sound stupid but there is no one I can ask about this.

1. Polly C profile image88
      Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2uesday, I don't know if it counts as clicking on your ad or not, but I just thought I would tell you that I did click on my own ad by accident (the cursor was near the ad but not right over it) and nothing happened at all. I wouldn't worry if it is only a one off

1. Polly C profile image88
        Polly Cposted 6 years ago in reply to this

On the google adsense web page it does say that they know this happens sometimes and not to worry about accidents, no need to contact them smile

2. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 6 years ago

dont know what you clicked, but google does understand that mistakes happen so as long as you dont keep doing it you dont need to worry about getting banned or anything.

3. 2uesday profile image89

Thank you kephrira and Polly for your replies I feel a bit better after reading them.

I felt so stupid for letting it happen as I am always careful not to click ads.

I wanted to put a link to my blog but have given up for now as I am worried about repeating the mistake. The adsense ad was below the comments capsule so quite close to the link button.

- Oh I am just trying to make my self feel better about a silly mistake. Best to go do something easy - like hanging the washing out smile .

Thanks for your replies - it helped.

Not often prone to moments of panic - but had one there. The thing that was funny was the type of ad it was; I have no curiosity about dishwashing. Thanks again.

1. viking305 profile image89
      viking305posted 6 years ago in reply to this

If u still want ur url copied then get another hubber to go to ur hub and they can copy it and then paste it in a private email to u.  I will do it if you want, no problem. It is not allowed to put up links here on the forum so go to my page and contact me by email there.

4. 2uesday profile image89

Thank you viking305 it is kind of you to offer.

I was not very focused this morning and will try to do put the link in later. Thanks though for your offer of help, I do appreciate it.