Would a religious forum be profitable?

1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I myself have no desire to debate religion. However it's clear that it's a very popular topic. So, would making a website with a religious forum make money?

By that I mean by putting Google adsense on it? I'm not sure what types of ads would show on a forum like that, or if they would pay much.

I'm also not sure if ads would be clicked on that much, as most would be interesting in posting, not clicking ads.

I suppose you could have banner ads advertising stuff, like pope on a rope, Inspirational messages and stuff like that. big_smile

But I'm not sure if I could handle trying to control the forum all day long, especially how emotional people get about the topic.

What do you think, would a religious forum be a money maker?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Religious topics are very low earners, ad-wise.  You'd get a lot of traffic and bickering, but that's about it.

1. Bill Manning profile image69
      Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I see, so you'd be making one big pain in the pants site. I thought maybe that was the case. I had a lesbian friend make a site about religion and lesbians. Lots of comments but no sales. Thanks for your thoughts.