jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

About page views during initial hub editing and posting

1. timorous profile image93
    timorousposted 6 years ago

Hi everyone;
    Each time I've posted a new hub, I go back and forth editing and refining the appearance.  All this editing seems to add to the 'page views count'.  When I stop editing, the page views count goes way down and forces the statistics to assume that the popularity of the hub is falling.

There must be some way of excluding page views of your own hubs from the page views count, isn't there?  After all, Hubpages knows who you are on every page you view on the site, as long as you're signed in.

It would make it easier to get a proper handle on your page views.  It might even matter to the Google search, if the page views were then accurate.

Thanks smile

1. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think it matters at all that your pageviews are appearing, it has no relevance on your search rankings, and i doubt it even affects your Hubscore in any dramatic way.

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I have often wondered about this myself.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

To paraphrase darkside's favorite reply to this question, if your page views are so low that your own are effecting them that much, it's too soon to be concerned about your page views.

The stats on HubPages are designed to be extremely basic and general.  If you really want detailed stats, you use Google Analytics, which will let you filter out your own views.