jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Photos Used In Hubs

1. flounderingsahm profile image75
    flounderingsahmposted 6 years ago

Where do you get the photos that you use in your hubs?  I'm just curious where everyone gets theirs from.  I found a few sites that aren't your 'typical' ones, and I plan on taking some more photos of my own to use, but just curious about others.

1. Dale Nelson profile image30
      Dale Nelsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Floundering Sahm,

I wrote a hub about using fotos for hubpages.Click on my name. It should be there somewhere or use the search bar at the top of the page and search hubpages photos and you should get some results.Remember to select hubs in the right hand box.
      Good luck

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I have pretty good luck with Flickr. Just make sure that you only select photos that are available for use in commercial content. Select Search > Advanced Search. Put in your keywords and then scroll to the bottom of the screen. Make sure you check "Only search within Creative Commons-licensed content" and "Find content to use commercially". You also should attribute these photos when you use them with a caption "Photo by (username) on Flickr."

Don't try to drive traffic using photos. People using Google Image Search are looking for photos--they typically are not looking to buy anything or click on ads.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image92
    Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago

I usually use my own photos, family photos, or ones from Wikimedia commons.