jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Decreasing page views?

1. profile image0
    Vikki Albersposted 9 years ago

On checking the 'page views' on the 'my account' screen, the number of views for today is less than it was this morning.  How does that happen?  Am I doing something wrong?  When I access my hubs (to edit) it is from the 'my account' screen.  The number of views is so small, it's of no consequence... I'm just wondering if it happens later when views increase.  Many thanks!

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Where it says "1 day", it doesn't mean today it means a 24 hour moving window from the last time the stats were updated (once an hour I believe).

1. profile image0
      Vikki Albersposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for responding to my question.  Well... that's not what is happening here.  The '1 day' page views are decreasing without impacting the 7, 30, and ever columns.  The 7 day column should increase by the amount the 1 day column is decreasing - that isn't what is happening.  The totals for 7, 30, and ever are (because I'm a member of just a few days) exactly the same sum, and the same as they were when I first checked this morning.  The 1 day decreases but the others are static.  Actually, the 1 day reduced again since writing this question with no change in the other columns. Curious, eh?  Thank you again, pauldeeds.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

Why would you expect the 7 day window to decrease if your hub has only been published for 3 days?  There are no pages views to push out the back until you reach the 7th day, at which point it may go up or down, depending on the hour being pushed out, versus the hour being added.

4. profile image0

Hi - I would expect the 7day figure to increase as the numbers move from the 1 day column.  If after a 24 hour period page views are moved to the 7 day column, that 7 day total should increase.  Shouldn't it?  Maybe I'm just not getting this...
    Thank you, pauldeeds, for helping with this - I do appreciate your time.

5. profile image0

Hi Pauldeeds - well... the light just went on and do I feel... foolish!  OK:  when a page view is added to 1 day it is simultaneously added to all the other fields.  It's not a progression... that's why the 1 day #s dropped off and the other #s were not changed - those views were already included in the totals.  Lordy, Lordy. THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  Have a wonderful evening!

1. suncat profile image60
      suncatposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was wondering about the same thing for a while, but now that I read this it makes me feel better about my being out of the loop. it's kind of funny math, trying to figure it all out.
      but thanks, your postings helped smile

working