jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Cannot Post a Hub

1. UniqueBeauty profile image61
    UniqueBeautyposted 6 years ago

Hi, I'm new to hubpages, and I am trying to create the first hub. I have my profile and account all set up, but whenever I fill out the new hub form and press submit, it erases all my work. I can't get any further. Any help?

Thx

Peace*Love*Dreams
    UniqueBeauty

1. UniqueBeauty profile image61
      UniqueBeautyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thnx everyone! like it was said by others, the problem cleared up. thnx again.

2. blark profile image81
    blarkposted 6 years ago

I'm having problems working on a new hub I created as well.  It seems to be an issue with any link that uses javascript or perhaps AJAX to dynamically create windows, such as the Edit buttons on capsules.

For now you'll probably just have to sit tight; I'm sure someone at HubPages is working on getting it fixed as we speak.

3. blark profile image81
    blarkposted 6 years ago

For example, clicking the small "reply" button underneath each of these comments does nothing but bring the focus to the top of the page and add a "#" character to the end of the current URL.  On the other hand, clicking the "Post a reply" button on the bottom right, which opens a new page, works correctly.

If you've got some good hubbage floating around in your mind, I'd recommend writing it down in Word or elsewhere so you don't lose the train of thought.  You can then post it to a new hub when this issue has been fixed.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What browser are you using?  I've tried to reproduce the problem in IE8, Firefox, and Chrome so far without any luck.  One potential solution, although it shouldn't be required, is to hold down shift and refresh the page (which will force your browser to reload any cached files referenced on the page).

2. sabrebIade profile image84
      sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Exactly what mine is doing, except on the Hub Traffic Statistics page.
      I'm using Firefox 3.6.4 and Windows 7

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Could one of you that is having trouble, try visiting each of these URLs (using chrome or firefox)?  All I can think of now is that you may be behind a caching proxy that has cached invalid or empty versions of these essential hubpages javascript files:

http://x.hubpages.com/s/us16305.js
        http://x.hubpages.com/s/js16305.js
        http://hubpages.com/s/editor16305.js

All that I want to know is that each of these returns something other than an empty page (it will look like jibberish).  If it does return an empty page, refreshing that particular url may solve the problem ...

1. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Paul, i had an issue around 3pm EST with the javascript in both Safari & Flock viewing latest hubs and editing my hubs -even after cleaning out the cache.   Everything seems fine now. Thanks.

4. blark profile image81
    blarkposted 6 years ago

I'm using Chrome, and I also experienced the problem in Firefox.  I'll give it another try to see if it has suddenly been fixed.  wink

5. blark profile image81
    blarkposted 6 years ago

The shift-refresh did not solve the problem, unfortunately.  The issue persists.  I imagine there is some rogue character hiding in the javascript/AJAX code, wreaking havoc as diligent HubPages coders try to find it.

6. stephhicks68 profile image79
    stephhicks68posted 6 years ago

I've tried the fix, and switched between Firefox and Safari.  Still cannot edit my hubs.  Working on saving to word....

7. Christene profile image81
    Christeneposted 6 years ago

No one can at the moment. They are looking into it though.

8. blark profile image81
    blarkposted 6 years ago

Shift-refresh worked this time.

Hold shift, then right-click and choose whichever refresh option your browser displays (for example, Google Chrome displays the option "Reload").  I tried holding shift and just pressing F5 and it didn't work, but using the right click method resulted in success.

9. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

Something is up with hubpages, this has been on-going for at least 24 hours, and it has been intermittent with different problems for different users.  Using other browsers and refreshing will not cure the problems until they are fixed.  Right now it is a wait and be patient game.

10. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

Wait and be patient... and help them diagnose the problem.

11. sabrebIade profile image84
    sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago

Just got back online and everything seems fine now.

working