jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

Is there a limit to kudos?

1. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 6 years ago

Hey, so on my profile, overall...my Hubs have been rated funny, awesome, useful, etc., so many times.

However, that count has stopped going up. Normally, I'd assume because of lack of readership or people not pressing it.

But earlier today a neighbor took the time to look through some of my stuff, and they told me they enjoyed most of it and added ratings and thumbs up, blah, blah...but yet, now my score is lower and the awesome, funny, etc. count is the same.

So..what gives? Is there a limit to kudos?

1. SunSeven profile image63
      SunSevenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Accolades are updated on a daily basis. But for some reason it seems to be frozen for sometime now. May be they will fix it soon. smile

Best Regards

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Impressive, how did you know this?

I you read the Accolades thread by Paul, you can find this by yourself. smile

1. profile image0

Thanks, I appreciate the information and will be happy to take your word for it.

1. thisisoli profile image61
              thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

She is right, it was mentioned onthe original thread that these things are updated once every 24 hours.

1. profile image0

Thanks, I appreciate the information and will be happy to take your word for it as well.

I guess you got it right smile

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I think you are a great writer, but I would never dream of pushing those things. I know it doesn't answer your question, but now you know my opinion regardless.

3. mega1 profile image81
    mega1posted 6 years ago

all about popularity and the awareness of your readers - if your readers are in a hurry or forget (as I often do) to check on the accolade icons that could explain it - or maybe it matters - I don't think so, but I also never ran for student body pres. or cheerleader, so who am I to say.

More important to me are the comments people leave, that show they really read the hub and it made them think.

4. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 6 years ago

Thanks.

I'm not really concerned about the "Accolade" numbers, I just was wondering moreso because of the other issues affecting the site. I thought that perhaps I may have noticed something new.

But Paul is yet again on it!

As a froggy friend would say--my hubscore goes up and down like ..wait..I'll just make a new one.

It goes up and down like...oh, forget it. You know what I mean.

5. Whitney05 profile image64
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I think they've been stuck for a few days. I haven't noticed any changes in days on mine. That or none of my readers are voting. I don't pay much attention to it, unless I'm checking somethign or just scrolling my profile page bored and unmotivated hoping something will pop up. I wouldn't worry about it.

1. lxxy profile image60
      lxxyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's what I'm talking about. I've been rating up everyone's hubs, and there's so many useful, awesome, beautiful, and funny things out there--but I noticed none of the counts on anyone's profile were going up.

So I asked my neighbor to do it to an article or two to confirm my suspicions. I really need to just follow Paul's updates.

6. profile image0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

hi lxxy. i just rated you 1, Awesome, 1 Beautiful, 1 Useful, and 1 Funny, but after refreshing a couple of times it is still at the original count:

30 Awesome, 6 Beautiful, 12 Useful, 10 Funny

so, yeah, it's stuck. i like the kudos and it is always nice to see new ones. people who say they don't like them should disable them or hide them from public view if they are so 'unimportant' and 'meaningless'. just my opinion, mind you.

1. lxxy profile image60

Thanks everyone for all your responses. Glad I'm not that crazy.

And I agree, I discovered the option to hide them. Well, I'm kinda neutral. It is nice to see them, and I'll display that which people have given me.

But I was never expecting such a cool concept. smile

7. thisisoli profile image61
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

For the record mine seem to be increasing, although I only give them a passing glance.  These things are useful to show what people think of your work, but irrelevant when it comes to earnings.

1. lxxy profile image60

Hmm, I had mine go up on a hub just yesterday...I dunno, tis weird.

working