jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Maximum number of words

1. jondav profile image67
    jondavposted 6 years ago

Is there one?

Or is there a maximum number of capsules that can be added to any given hub?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I am not sure what the limit is, however, I have two hubs that consist of at least 50 different capsules and over 8000 words per hub, if that gives you any idea.

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cagsil, I'm kind of glad to know my 5000-word-er isn't the longest one on HubPages (the way a commenter suggested it must be).   lol  (I don't make a habit of that kind of thing, though.  smile  )

3. jondav profile image67
    jondavposted 6 years ago

Thats an impressive amount of wordage!

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

4. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

What is the traffic like to those two Hubs?  And do people read through the entire Hub or skim them?  (What is the topic?)

I know that if I'm very interested in something I might read an article that is long; but if my interest is moderate to low, a very long article will probably send me away more quickly than a moderate to short article would.

I guess the idea is to know whom you are writing for and gear the length towards that audience.  And also, hit the important points at the beginning of the article, so that the undecided ones (like me) can grasp quickly whether they want to spend a lot of time reading it - or not.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My longest article would be around the 2000 word mark. However I've found that of articles that are likely to get search engine hits, anything over 1000 words will make the search engines take a look, instead of a trickle of hits for shorter articles.
      I'd say that for a really long article make sure that each section is properly named and you could even have an index with links to each section at the top of the page. There's a few good hubpage guides on how to do an index...

[Insert free advertising of your hub here] lol

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The topic is Women Writers In HubPages Community. It's located under topic of HubPages, Spreading HubLove.

I did them both for Valentine's Day. The traffic to the hubs isn't fantastic, but is consistent. There are some days where it gets no visits. But, that happens with some of my hubs. Mostly because not keyword rich enough to draw more.
      There are pictures and profile bio, and profile links. I also have some interview links as well.

5. Csanad profile image52
    Csanadposted 6 years ago

I am right now working on a hub that most probably will be more than 10,000 words long. Hope hubpages accepts it. The way I am progressing I will probably finish it in a total of 4 months (that's end of December). But, of course, I am also working on other hubs also. That hub currently is at 2441 words.

6. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I have a hub close to 8000 words with a huge number of capsules, however Google probably only sees a quarter of that.  YOu can see how much of your page is seeing teh Google light of day by checking it's cached image.