jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Help with google Analytics!

1. revortay1 profile image78
    revortay1posted 6 years ago

Last night I decided to apply Google analytics to my hubpages account. I wake up this morning and it says that I have had 3 page views and 2 visits. Then I go and look at my account on hubpages, there it says that I received aver 30 page views that night. I figured it just might need to catch up or something. After today with nearly 100 page views my analytics account says the exact same thing?

Please help. If I need to add more details please tell me. Thank you very much!

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

A few days ago another Hubber opened a forum about this same topic.  You might want to read some of the information there and see if it answers your questions.

revortay1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Aficionada... I will get busy one reading that!

I gotta learn the benefits of the search bar...

3. revortay1 profile image78
    revortay1posted 6 years ago

I should have looked at the thread before replying, I actually have read that however what bothers me is the fact that I know that not all of my views are from me. Because I come to my computer after being away for a few hours and i have 20 or so more views. However i couldn't tell if there was a definitive answer.

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Analytics is not in real-time like HP stats are. I'm not sure what the lag is, but I don't even bother looking at today's stats until tomorrow in Analytics.

And as the other thread says, they track things differently. HP tracks raw visits. Analytics has a bit of tracking code on each page, and any time the code is loaded, it counts as a Page View. What that means is that if someone clicks onto a page and quickly clicks away, HP will record it, but Analytics might not.

I tend to go by the Analytics numbers. If they're not tracking something as a Page View, then it's not making me any $$$.

revortay1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Irohner! exactly what I was looking for. I probably should have waited on asking until more time has passed but thank you!:]

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Analytics is in about the same amount of real time as hubpages, you just have to select today's date.

Google Analytics is very accurate, and unfortunately Hubpages stats are not.  This is not a big deal, I personally glance over Hubpages stats when I need a rough guide to how my site is doing, and then move over to analytics when I actually want to analyse and improve on my traffic.

This is not a criticism of Hubpages, it is simply because teh Google Analytics team has way more investment and people working on their tools.