jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Tags, keywords

1. Loopster profile image59
    Loopsterposted 8 years ago

Does anyone know:
    1.  How to determine keywords that help generate the best traffic for a hubpage?
    2.  Is there a way to know the keywords that people use to find your hubs?
    Please add to my (little bit of) knowledge!
    <snip promotional links>

2. bluewings profile image60
    bluewingsposted 8 years ago

Add Google analytics code to your hubs . That's a great way to find out the exact keywords people search for to reach your hubs from search engines.wink Another good way is to use a keyword research software and search for a broad keyword to get the other relevant narrower keywords being searched for under that niche.You can either use a paid service like Wordtracker or Google's very own keyword research tool

3. Loopster profile image59

Great suggestion on the Google Analytics to the hub!  This will help, as you say, for traffic coming from the search engines.  What I would still like to know, is how to be sure I'm showing up to Hubbers for the right keyword search.  Weird thing is, I'll do a search, say for "online business", which is a tag for nearly all my 15 hubs, and others of lower score show up.  Why is this???  Still baffled about that.

4. bluewings profile image60

Although a lot of the traffic to the hubs is from hubpages itself, I am not too sure what parameters the hub search uses while showing the results to a search term.From the search I just did on online business ,it appears to me that apart from the tags you use ,their relevance to the content, traffic (popularity) and content quality , it also takes in account how new the hub is (and I could be wrong).As for Google analytics , I should rephrase what I said . It wouldn't just show you the keywords people use on search engines to find your hub , but every keyword that leads to your hub no matter what site.This makes me think that if someone clicks on a tag from the tag cloud on hubpages to reach your hub , then analytics will catch that too.

5. MrMarmalade profile image84
    MrMarmaladeposted 8 years ago

Thanks Blue wings, that is information I needed to know.

6. premsingh profile image61
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

Simple way of doing it to input your keyword or phrase in the search box of "google suggest" and hold the down arrow key. It will display the most searched keyword or phrase.

1. Whitney05 profile image68
      Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I do this once I get all the tags I can think of. Yahoo has some as well. Sometimes Yahoo and Google search terms are slightly different, so you may be able to get a few more by checking them both out.

7. bluewings profile image60

You are welcome Mr Marmalade.

8. Loopster profile image59

Thanks all!  Your answers have given me some solid direction on the topic.