jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

backlinks coincidence?

1. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

Yesterday I opened an account with stumbleupon and posted a link on one of my poorer performing hubs.  Now, less than 24 hours later the traffic to that hub shows 22 in 24 hours with a total of 64 "ever".  This hub as sat for days with little to no traffic.  The stats in the hub show only 3 due to stumbleupon, though and all three were actually yesterday.  The rest were 1 from google and all others from HP.

Is it coincidence that 1/3 of my total traffic happened in 24 hours from HP or have I missed doing something when I posted the link?

2. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

bump.....

3. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 7 years ago

never done anything like that to any of my hubs...

Maybe just luck..

wildernessposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, that's kinda what I'm thinking - just coincidence that it happened.  Still, it's now up to 24 views today and still climbing......  Awfully high for a hub only a few days old for me.

4. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 7 years ago

What the heck, pick another hub and do it again!

If I can convince myself it actually worked, I certainly will.  As of now, the indications are otherwise, though.

1. Len Cannon profile image88
        Len Cannonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So?  Do some science.  Its all about repeating tests.

Yes, it is.  Just hoped to get maybe some feedback that I did the link wrong and that's why it isn't showing up as a source as much as it should.  But if it actually works, it may be worth the time.

1. thisisoli profile image59
            thisisoliposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like the right amount of traffic for a single Stumble.

Are you checking traffic sources with Google Analytics?

No - HP stats.  It shows 3 stumbles, but over 20 HP views in 24 hours.  Odd for a short hub that has been up for a couple of weeks.  Other than today, normal activity - some as soon as published some from HP, then a steady decline + a few googles, then today - WHAM!  Just seems odd to get that many from HP for a not so new hub out of the blue.

working