jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Not sure on how this works

1. 61
    MPG20posted 6 years ago

Ok, this is what I did.

Opened a hubpages.com account.
    Opened a google adsense account, got approved, linked hubpages.com
    Created a hub.

Now, Do I have to insert my own code given to me from Adsense or do the advertisements that already show up on my hub work? I tried posting the code into my hub but it only showed up as code and didn't form any type of advertisement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Paste your Adsense code into your Affiliate Settings in "my account".  Then it will automatically apply to all your Hubs. 

The next thing to do is read Darkside's series on How to Hub, then go back and improve your existing Hubs - then keep writing!

1. 61
        MPG20posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I already did that. So I should be seeing some activity on Adsense shortly?

Thanks for the link, it was helpful.

1. 0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You will get 60% of the page impressions, HubPages gets 40%. You will get paid if someone clicks on the ads shown on your page impressions. You can see the activity by logging into your Adsense account. Do not expect any income unless you have written quite a few hubs that get some significant traffic.

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just a quick note onto those two great answers. The figures are meant to be an average of 5% of visitors click adverts. This can go up or down of course.

So that means if you've had 1000 views from outside sources (google, yahoo, bing etc), 400 of those views will show HP ads, 600 will show your ads. So that means 600*5%=30 clicks.

I've found it to be quite a bit lower myself but I target audiences who are more advert savvy. For instance people who are searching for computer game answers are often the nerdier types who've been on the internet for years and are less likely to be drawn in by ads - often they have "Banner Blindness." If you appeal towards people such as maybe retirees (50+) then chances are they would be more likely to notice adverts (example only, I've got no idea if retirees actually click more!).

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Good post by WrtLilt, explains it all pretty much spot on!