jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Adwords question

1. Dobson profile image82
    Dobsonposted 6 years ago

I have been sorting by highest CPC on Adwords and using that as an important keyword in my hubs. Is this a good idea?

2. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

It might be a good strategy, however, along with CTR it’s not really telling you a great deal about what happens once someone arrives at your landing page. IMO it’s the highest converting keyphrases you should really target. CPC also takes into account quality score so you could be seeing a CPC that’s much higher (or lower) than someone else.

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Keep in mind that many of the keywords with the highest payout also have the most competition, making it difficult to rank decently in the search engines. I look for keywords that have a decent CPC but competition that I'm pretty sure I can beat in the rankings.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You should check out Misha's hub on this subject. He says he targets low CPC keywords but then works on getting LOTS of traffic. Because everyone is trying for the high CPC, no one is trying for the low CPC words.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87
        Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for this reference to a helpful hub. I still don't get the CPC and CTR stuff. So I'm going to read about it (again) now. Mahalo.