jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Question about the promotional content rules

1. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago

Good evening again,

I've read the promotional content stuff on the Hub Pages FAQs, but I still have a question I was hoping someone could help me with.

The way I understand, we can write content to promote a product (I've seen many hubs written for the sole purpose of product promotion), but we can't have content that's not original and we can't have more than two links in the copy.

I wrote a hub awhile back that promotes a couple of books I wrote, and I got a message saying that the copy promotes another site. Even though there were no links in the copy I wrote for Hub Pages, I did have another site the same books were promoted on, but that site has since expired and no longer exists.

So, my question is, assuming that I'm allowed to promote products on here without an overt number of links (like I said, many hubs do), how long does it take Hub to realize that the site they thought my copy was promoting is no longer active?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Well, to quote from the rules:

"Purely promotional offers and Hubs designed only to promote other sites or businesses are not allowed. In particular..."

Please note the expression "only to promote other sites or businesses." I understand this to mean that the hub should have some content other than being purely promotional. True, many hubs seem to be purely promotional, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they could not also be flagged.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Start by reading the FAQs on what HP considers overly-promotional. That should answer most--if not all--of your questions and clear up any confusion.

And just to clarify, you can have more than two links on a hub. You just can't have more than two links to the same domain on a hub.

1. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thx, Irohner...BTW...love the little pooch. smile

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good luck with your books.