jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Wondering about extra ads...

1. thranax profile image50
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

On every hub there are 5 ads. I know only 3 can be google from our ad sense but what are the other 2 (sometimes 3) ads?

Are these extra ads that publishers get no money from the clicks there when its our 60% turn of the impressions, or does Hubpages now have some ads that stay on for them to make money 24/7?

Just wondering,

~thranax~

1. sunforged profile image63
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hp has always tested diff ad networks on THEIR share of impressions ... looks like dynamo right now?

and they are allowed more ad capsules than a normal publisher..if you are not logged in you will see 5 google ad blocks

thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well I just want to make sure they aren't adding extra dynamo you said? ads to Hubbers impression time - I would think that dishonest and unfair (unless once they approve of it we can make accounts and get the share big_smile).

~thranax~

2. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

i think they use hp as the guinea pig for developing the yieldbuild system

ive seen at least 4 distinct networks on their share - msn ads, dynamo and those annoying slide overs ..plus another i cant recall the name

hubbers always bring it up and hp always responds its on their impression

thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Which of course hubbers and Hubpages both cannot prove sadly =[

I guess I have good faith Hubpages only uses them under there time big_smile

~thranax~

3. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I am pretty sure Hubpages don't cheat us tongue

More than 3 Google adverts can display on Hubpages at once by the way, the 3 unit limitation is only for standard adsense users.

working