jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Suggestion: Google Street View Embed

1. Fiction Teller profile image61
    Fiction Tellerposted 6 years ago

I've been ignoring Google Street View unintentionally, but just started playing around with it.  Notwithstanding the justifiable legal fuss about privacy issues, it seems rather nifty.  Would it be possible to add a module that allows us to embed Google Street View into our hubs?  Would it set HubPages/writers up for potential legal issues?  I'm just thinking it would be especially nice for travel articles - it would be such a cool enhancement to see the location up close and personal.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I personally don't think it's so great. Last time I tried to use it to find a place my husband was meant to go, he ended up wandering around for half an hour. Turns out it was about 5km out.

Also they can be quite out of date. The place where I'm living (and have been for nearly two years) still has a picture from when the previous tenants were here.

I think it is good some times, but unless double checked it can pose some problems.

If we had a capsule that allowed us to just input a location, chances are people may not even double check it - just throw it in like an RSS feed.

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I would like to see Google Maps before I saw Google Streetview.

However Google Streetview would also be a good addition to let people look around a location or landmark in the hubtrails project.

3. Fiction Teller profile image61
    Fiction Tellerposted 6 years ago

WryLit, you're right, it's definitely spotty.  It's just that I found myself looking at an alleyway in a town across the world...it was so detailed!  And not a place people would usually photograph. 

I agree, that's a good idea, thisisoli, Google Maps would be great for travel hubs and such.