What Do You Do (or Plan on Doing) With AdSense Revenue?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 64 discussions (75 posts)
  1. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 13 years ago

I used to use the revenue to pay bills, but am now living back at home with my parents so my bills are much smaller. I plan on using my revenue to move to California where I can get a higher paying job and hopefully have more time to produce more hubs. It'll take a bit of money to do that so I've been sprucing up some older hubs as well as producing a few new ones. I've not a lot of time to do that as I have been working and going to school, but hopefully the AdSense earnings start coming a bit faster.

How about you? What do you plan on doing with your AdSense income?

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd kind of like to put it back into hosting niche websites - in the hopes of earning a bit more. smile

2. mailxpress profile image50
      mailxpressposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
      I use my revenue to pay off bills.  After that, saving half and spending half.  When I hit the big league I'm going to treat my mom and myself to a day of beauty while we are away someplace for a week.  Then save half and spend half as I feel fit.  One plan I have is to help people by small gestures of kindness and humanity.  I now many people who are so less fortunate than myself and do really try and do the best they can.  Bag of food, bag of products which are used everyday and while watching very poor mom and dads who will grab cans from garbage bins to feed and support their family throw them a few bucks here and there to help.  There are a few people I know who play by the rules but was not fortunate enough to have a head start in life.  No family teaching and guiding them when growing up but are great hard working people who do their best.

3. profile image52
      hamilton505posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm building a site with adsense and some affiliated products on it, then plan to sign-up and create 10 blogs on ditterent hosts, and direct my posts and links to my main site in hope of generating increase traffic & clicks. What do you think about the plan?

4. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years ago

It pays my way in life tongue (along with a few other sites i own!

5. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 13 years ago

hhhmmm....I have no plans yet as I've only earned something like $0.73!  lol

Let's see...$100 minimum payout...I think I'll plan on...something...like a mini-vacation.  (a day at the waterpark lol)

6. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 13 years ago

It just goes in the pool.  It's not "mad money" for me; it is an important part of our income.

7. Richieb799 profile image74
      Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Save it!

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

When I see it, I will believe it.

9. blondepoet profile image67
      blondepoetposted 13 years ago

Clothes, hair, makeup,eating out.....I use it to treat myself. smile

10. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years ago

Spend it on a new inflatable doll....mine's ruined!!!! Mavis Mavis, come back Mavis!!!!!!

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Next time you update your Norma Jean Wayne come see me I know where to get the bargains lol.

1. waynet profile image69
          waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

okie kokie it's a deal!

11. Len Cannon profile image87
      Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

Pay for things is the (stupid) answer.  Its just more money it the bank, I don't have anything special for it.

My ebay payouts are low but consistent (40 bucks a month) so those are the ones I usually count as "bonus" cash.  I used to put them into online poker but I'm pretty self-sustaining there now.  My next payout will go to buying a few domain names for me and my roommates to work and play with.

12. freecampingaussie profile image62
      freecampingaussieposted 13 years ago

Lol ! If i can get way way past the $9 mark I hope to fund our travelling Australia with it , not looking very hopeful at the moment !

13. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

save up to buy a cup of nothing

14. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Although I've only hit 100 bucks here I love to hear from those who are earning so much more. I'm hoping than within two years I can earn enough to pay my mortgage and maybe buy food on top of that. I'm also hoping that in 8 years I will be earning enough to retire, and that when I die I will have something to leave my children.

15. wychic profile image84
      wychicposted 13 years ago

Into the house fund it goes, along with most of my money smile. We currently live in a fairly small 2-bedroom townhouse for myself, my husband, and my son...and his 15-year-old son this summer, and another baby coming around November. After having looked for another rental for over six months, we've pretty much resigned ourselves to being a bit cramped until we can buy a place tongue.

16. CrystalSingleton profile image61
      CrystalSingletonposted 13 years ago

haha. So far I have 15 bux. I can finally afford a starbucks coffee. LOL. I live in california, and my advice come here to live by the beach, but DONT come here for work. I see too many families suffering because of this choice. I have been here since age 2. 1) 2 bedrooms run around 15-2000.00 a month. Housing is closed for 5 years and the ones that are on the list for housing have been on it for 8 years and are still waiting. No-one is hiring unless you want minimum wage even with a degree minus union dues and if you're a lucky son of a gun you get insurance you can deduct that from your paycheck too. It's a great place to live and if you know someone who can HOOK-U-UP with a job then go for it. But Hoping for a job here is a waste of time, we are suffering financially and are one of the worst states hitting bankruptcy and foreclosures due to lack of work. Apartments and houses sit vacant while everyone moves into hotels. At least we can wake up and look at the beautiful ocean anyhow. Good luck.

17. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

I have not earned anything so far..aaarrrggghhhh. but when/ if i do i would read one of Mischa's hubs, which i would hope save me time on backlinking.

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

$4.72 from HP.

I don't have to wait for a payout because that just goes into the pot from my other sites, so I can go spend it when it hits my bank later this month :-)

18. Angela Harris profile image67
      Angela Harrisposted 13 years ago

I use it mostly for mad money and to buy gifts. I love having my own money to do with as I please without feeling guilty about spending it.

19. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I make a point of buying beer with it.  Somehow the irony of not being able to write about booze to generate money for booze just amuses the crap out of me.

1. vanchen profile image68
        vanchenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is great.

20. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I've "re-invested" some by buying products I could eventually review/write about, with the idea that I get a fun thing that may also pay for itself over time.   Not long ago, I also sprung for a mini netbook so I can get myself out of this house and take my work outside for the rest of the summer (at least mornings - afternoons may be too hot).  I feel like I'm going die if I don't get some Vitamin D and fresh air  lol, and I figured buying the mini (and its accessories) was cheaper than signing up for some kind of mood medication.  smile  Besides, helping me be more productive more of the week, I can probably write about it (somewhere) and maybe get it to pay for itself that way.

Whatever I don't "re-invest" I spend on bills like Internet service (more paying for itself).  So, between sending it back out into the Economy, improving my mood, getting a new treat here and there, paying bills, increasing my productivity, and saving money on "mood medication"  (lol), I figure I get a lot of mileage out of my earnings.

21. liljen23 profile image75
      liljen23posted 13 years ago

I plan on paying off my debt and saving some of it. The rest I would probably invest to make more money..

22. AdeleCosgroveBray profile image87
      AdeleCosgroveBrayposted 13 years ago

Ooow, let me see - how about a slow cruise into Venice, then hop into a gondola and paddle off down the Grande Canal to my luxury hotel room...

23. Mutiny92 profile image64
      Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

my mortgage.  I love the fact that residual income pays down compound interest.  ironic

24. dippykitty profile image60
      dippykittyposted 13 years ago

I've only had one payout so far and that went towards my regular outgoings, although a tiny bit might have gone into the savings. Once it's all gone into my bank account, it's a bit hard to tell what's gone where!

25. annmeadows profile image60
      annmeadowsposted 13 years ago

I think I'll retire.

26. PurpleOne profile image78
      PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

Pay off debt! I haven't reached payout yet but am finally starting to make a little money everyday so have confidence that I will get there eventually. I would love to be able to quit my day job but I have to be realistic!

27. princess g profile image59
      princess gposted 13 years ago

a netbook, they're much smaller and easier to carry around than the laptop I have right now

28. ofmelancholy profile image60
      ofmelancholyposted 13 years ago

leave my current job

29. ross670daw profile image59
      ross670dawposted 13 years ago

By the time I get a payout, it will serve as my retirement fund. If it happens to come sooner, I'll put it into building a better website, make it work.

30. profile image0
      Ella90posted 13 years ago

Once I actually start getting enough revenue to reach the pay out threshold I'll probably just use the money to help pay bills

31. alternate poet profile image68
      alternate poetposted 13 years ago

If I get any revenue I will be bloody amazed ! big_smile

32. Tyrillis profile image40
      Tyrillisposted 13 years ago

I live off it...i use it for everything. Travelling the world, earnings are almost limitless....the sheer numbers involved in internet users and it's worldwide availability means i can earn no matter where i am in the world. I love it.

33. Ben Evans profile image64
      Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

I think I might have to take another trip to the gum ball machine.

34. I am DB Cooper profile image63
      I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

Booze, Trips to Vegas, and McDonalds (Big Macs have been on sale all month in my area, my arteries are going to kill me).

35. profile image0
      BenjaminBposted 13 years ago

Definitely when I get my first Google adsense check i'll use it to buy a sixer of Guiness,sit back get a nice little buzz and watch my dollars stack up on here!

36. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years ago

I have put about $1500 of my AdSense revenue into a pension fund, it also bought my leather sofa (/couch). The rest has been swallowed up by those everyday essentials, such as food and beer.

37. Mieka profile image62
      Miekaposted 13 years ago

I would love to be able to pay my rent with my adsense money! I need a few more hubs before that will be a reality though...

38. melbel profile image94
      melbelposted 13 years ago

I really want to go back to school and take some classes for Java certification. I really think it would help me get out of retail. However, each class is about $300 and it's nothing I can swing now that I'm unemployed. However, this time DOES give me the opportunity to further my work here on HubPages... as well as mope about the extreme boredom of not having a job.

39. mythbuster profile image72
      mythbusterposted 13 years ago

By summer 2011 I hope to be paying my rent with earnings... I've got some hard work still left to do but am seeing gradual increases all the time. I think this goal is reasonable as well as a great challenge for me.

40. thedaybreak profile image60
      thedaybreakposted 13 years ago

I'm hoping to fund my musical aspirations. I want to work as a musician and I would like to get an excellent instrument (guitar) and and amplifier to replace my current setup. I'm aspiring to make enough money in 12 months to get these things in time before I hopefully start my course at a music institution.

41. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years ago

I'm investing my earnings back into this hubpage thing and multiple websites and also to fund my own artistic projects....all things are connected however and my ultimate goal is to build a sustainable online business which has many smaller businesses!

My business plan states, that I need to be coming in with £3,000 a month to call it a profitable business and I'm round about half way there, just need to up the anti!

1. Lissie profile image74
        Lissieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL Wayne - after 3 pages FINALLY someone says the obvious - reinvest in your business! Sure go out and get drunk on the first
        $100 - but going forward you need to be investing in your business if you want to make this more than a hobby

Yeah Lissie!

Invest small and then invest on a big scale later on when you know the moneys coming in. Anything else is profit!

Re-investing money back in is actually paying off, never thought it would at the start but it has!!

42. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 13 years ago

I've bought myself little presents with my pay outs to date, but perhaps I should take Wayne's example and be a little more constructive.

I've bought myself little presents too, like books and DVD's that I can review the hell out of online. Other products I review too like art products, electricals and online and offline services.

Reviewing stuff, seems to make you an authority, especially when you start to do balanced reviews which might show the pros and the cons of the product, instead of glowing false reviews here and there.....

I'm having fun now with this online stuff!

43. MeaghanTS profile image61
      MeaghanTSposted 13 years ago

Im planning on paying off some of my college debt and am trying not to rack up more college debt!! lol and paying down my credit cards!  im gonna work hard on hubpages !

44. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 13 years ago

I've received 2 payouts so far from Adsense. One I spent smile. The other one is in a dollar bank account that I opened for the dollar checks that I receive. I plan on adding to that till I hit the minimum for opening an account with a higher interest rate. smile

45. wearing well profile image75
      wearing wellposted 13 years ago

When I get paid hopefully soon:) I am helping to fund my sisters'voluntary work.I think I need to get more traffic somehow in order to achieve this lol hubbers!

46. Gina Coole profile image59
      Gina Cooleposted 13 years ago

It funds my rock and roll lifestyle and I have my eye on Bill gates' property now Micosoft are loosing their way...

47. moumaiazoun profile image57
      moumaiazounposted 13 years ago

good day
      have a nice time you really make a good work

48. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 13 years ago

It pays my mortgage, my association fees,  and my health insurance.

Unfortunately, we still have to find money for things like food.

49. 2uesday profile image65
      2uesdayposted 13 years ago

It is saved for unplanned expenses as we try to live on less than we once did.

50. Karen N profile image70
      Karen Nposted 13 years ago

Made a donation to a food bank and the rest is for Christmas presents. Later, when I start making good money I want to reinvest in my business, and of course to give back in some way.

51. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

My hours were cut at work so any adsense income is replacing the money I have lost.

52. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years ago

With my first check I plan to use it to improve my vocabulary.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)