jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Aesthetic Tip

1. 0
    TiffanyDowposted 8 years ago

Figured I can give back something I noticed a lot of Hubbers doing. Whenever I see a new Hub that interests me, I go to the person's latest Hub list and view all of them to see what else picques my curiosity.

I noticed many of the thumbnails are the exact same image - sometimes a profile, other times (like on mine), it was the rating encouragement image used).

I'm not sure how HP chooses - but it looks like if you have one image on your Hub, it'll pull that. So when someone goes to view your list of Hubs and sees the thumbnail, it looks better to see different topic relevant images beside the Hub name.

I had to go in and add a few images to mine to keep it from pulling my smiley face that asks people to rate my Hub, but it looks much better in my list and it's visually appealing because then you can kind of scroll down and see what the topic is about using the pictures (fast). Like my Halo lens has one of the characters, my cell phone lens has a cell, etc.

Of course this is just a quirky tip on aesthetics, but every little bit helps smile

2. Hope Wilbanks profile image82
    Hope Wilbanksposted 8 years ago

Oooh! Good tip, Tiff! By the way, I copied you and created a few of my own "thumbs up" images to use on some of my Hubs. I always give a thumbs up to Hubs I read and like but it's easy to forget and just click on to the next one. I'm hoping that will help boost my ratings. You're such a smart gal! smile

3. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

If there are images in the hub the first image is used; if there are no images in the hub your profile image is used; if you don't have a profile image you get an ugly grey box

4. 0
    TiffanyDowposted 8 years ago

Hope, that's cute! Hopefully itll get you more thumbs ups smile

Lissie, that's what I thought. I don't know why it bugged me looking at some lists and there are some images and then random repeated things in there. I like everything to be organized with this stuff.

But I'm a slob at home. lol

5. Lifebydesign profile image80
    Lifebydesignposted 8 years ago

That <i>is</i> a good tip, thanks! I'm working on giving something back to everyone too but you guys are way ahead of me..!