jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What are your HubHours

1. HubTweet profile image79
    HubTweetposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure if the term HubHours is already in used here (I searched on Google but no relevant results)..

Anyway, I found Hubpages very addictive (since I just joined last 24 hours). I have many websites of my own and already, I feel that Hubpages is my own website as I check stats, comments etc, almost impulsively. lol.

But I am a freelancer (programmer, writer, designer) so I really have to watch my hours. Currently as I write this I have pending tasks on Elance and Odesk.

So starting tomorrow I will set aside a particular time of the day as my HubHours. Maybe a couple hours a day (in the morning when the mind is fresh) creating hubpages, commenting, and building backlinks. That's it.

Then the rest of the day I will be working and doing something else.

You, what are you HubHours?

1. fresnavee profile image60
      fresnaveeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mine are very similar, except I feel that I might be taking my "HubHours" with me when I'm not physically at the computer. I generally spend 4-5 hours trying to think of new ideas (and keywords) for new hubs.

As a matter of fact, I'm starting to get a bit bogged done with my unpublished-to-published-hubs ratio at the moment. (Haha!)

As far as my activity on HubPages go, I try to spend as much time on it as I can without exhausting myself. I'll probably change this in coming days to start wrapping up my own undeclared 30 Hubs in 30 Days challenge that I set for myself though.

2. Hubbin4V12 profile image79
      Hubbin4V12posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well I'm sorta like you, where as I'm divided among various sites and publishing work.
      I joined back in Feb and found Hubpages extremely useful as well, except over the last few months I diverted to focus on two domains I purchased. Now that I have time allotted again, my Hubhours are about in the two to four hour range, usually about 12 to 2pm. Then I'm off to the sites I pay for, and then to my associate blogs for updating.    Welcome to the community!

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

they vary depending on what the days schedule is. I always check in the morning and at night, if I'm writing for HP, it's during the day.

welcome, it' very addictive, especially at first. good that you're giving yourself a time frame. [it may not always work. big_smile]

btw, I like your screen name and avatar.

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

That also goes for anyone else who is new to HubPages too.

HubHours? Interesting term. As for HubPages being addictive? Yes, I would say it has many people addicted to writing and reading other people's work.

It is a relatively useful community of writers. It can help you build your hubs and even teach you more than you thought possible.

So, do enjoy your time here.

As for how much time(hubhours) do I spend on HubPages in a day? I spend about 16 hours a day online(personal and business).

My HubPages statistics page is always opened in one tab throughout the entire day(or until I close the browser).

When I write is business time. When I visit the forum is personal time. My only objective is to make my presence known.

I am also presently working on a business model, developing it myself, so as to help other people. It's very complex, because the revenue stream required to obtain profitability. I work on that from time to time as well, however, even when working on that, I am online for other things(like listening to music) so HubPages is always opened.

4. liljen23 profile image74
    liljen23posted 6 years ago

I am on Hubpages from 9am to 5pm on some days, and 9am to 1pm on other days because I am in school as well. So you might as well say it is a job for me. I am working on more articles, reading and rating other hubs, checking out the forums, hubbers, topics, just about everything there is to Hubpages, so I can learn. I might as well get a Hubpages degree..LOL..