jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

First food writing hub, opinion please

1. Aiden Roberts profile image88
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

I have tried my first food writing, not a manic recipe hub but an expression of my love of this particular food.
    I know I need to add another picture of my favourite curry but apart from that any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry here is the link
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Curry

2. Cagsil profile image62
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Aiden, the hub looks good. smile

Thanks cagsil, I am trying to write about different subjects to see were my niche is, i will go back and edit all of my hubs when they have settled in.
      Thanks once more for your time.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

It looks good, but....don't take this the wrong way. There's a whole lot of YOU and your thoughts in the first two sections. People searching for curry really want to get a super-quick intro and then head into the meat of it. (No pun intended.) smile

I've got a few food hubs, and they are dismal money makers. Mark Knowles also went that route and had the same experience that I did. My food hubs get the most traffic of any of my hubs, but make the least $$$ for me.

That is very good advice thank you

4. SteveoMc profile image90
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I liked the article from start to finish.  I think it was a great effort. And success.

5. ggerner profile image60
    ggernerposted 6 years ago

I like articles that tell a story, like yours did, because they become memorable. My first curry dish was also watery and it had a bright yellow tinge which, quite honestly, turned me off. In spite of this, I fell in love with the flavor immediately. Now I make curry every couple of weeks. Btw, I caught a typo on the first paragraph, "were" should be "where".

Enjoyed your post.

6. McHamlet profile image62
    McHamletposted 6 years ago

I think the content is fine. The writing, I think, could do with a bit of an edit:

This, for example:

"What is Curry?

This is a question that has many different answers depending on who and were you live.

Curry has different meanings all around the world. To some people it is a collection of spices, to others it's a food dish and then others see it simply as a cooking style."

might sound better like this:

"What is Curry?

That question will get many different answers depending on who you ask and what part of the world they live in.

'Curry' has different meanings for different people. To some it's a collection of spices, to some it's a dish and to others it's simply a cooking style."

Or something along those lines.

I don't know how helpful this is. I haven't explained why I changed what I did. Anyway, it's there for what it's worth. Good luck with the hubbing.

working