jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever met one of your Adsense advertisers?

1. gracenotes profile image92
    gracenotesposted 6 years ago

I did, just about two months ago.  Though I didn't know it at the time, I was destined to have one of her ads appear periodically on one of my hubs.

I hadn't written the hub yet, because I wanted to wait until I had all the personal experience under my belt.

The owner of the business lives here locally, and she rents out durable medical equipment.  She delivered equipment to me after my surgery, which I used for a week -- and then she came to pick it up.

After I wrote the hub, I watched the ads appear, and I thought something seemed awfully familiar about the toll-free phone number which appeared in one ad's description.  I looked up my medical papers, and sure enough, it was her business.

Guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, as the ads are geo-targeted.  If I'd known I'd be advertising for her, I could have asked her for a 10% discount, or something!  At the very least, I can send her a link to my article.

Google Adsense runs deep.

2. Money Glitch profile image89
    Money Glitchposted 6 years ago

Wow, what an intriguing story! I've never had such an experience, however, have often wondered what would happen if I wrote a hub about a local business.

Hhmmmm, that might be a doorway of opportunity there. It will be interesting to see how many hits you get and if she continues her advertising. Congrats! smile

3. gracenotes profile image92

Yeah, I like the "doorway of opportunity" thing.

There is another business I wrote an article about, but they don't advertise at all.  They never have, to my knowledge.  I emailed them, and asked them to take a look at the article that I wrote.  The owner seemed pleased with my hub, and why not?  Because it was a real positive review.  Said article gets a lot of traffic and some clicks.

4. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Yes I have. A local Honda distributor where I purchased a couple of cars a few years back, who I know through the motor trade and often have lunch with has adds on two of my car pages often.
    Google adsense local advertising works very well I reckon! smile

5. gracenotes profile image92

Good for you, Earnestshub!

Nice that Adsense fits in with their marketing plans.