jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

AdSense Help

1. John999181 profile image60
    John999181posted 6 years ago

Hey; Evening all....

I'm new to HubPages and have recently posted my first Hub.
    One thing I'm looking to clear up though is AdSence.  I noticed before putting any details in about my Google AdSence account, that there was adverts already on my Hub.  I have since linked my account to my HP profile, and allowed access for it to access Google.  Now that's done, do I need to produce an AdSense Unit through their site and add the code via the HTML link on my Hub or will the adverts already on the site now be lnked to my account.

I appologise if I'm not making sense, though I'm just a touch confused...

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Hello, and welcome. No, there is no code or any Adsense modules for you to enter into the hubs. It all happens automatically. You will get 60% of the page impressions, HubPages gets 40%.

3. gracenotes profile image92
    gracenotesposted 6 years ago

Hi, welcome to this site.

If you've linked your Adsense to your account here, it will display ads and you don't have to put any html on HubPages.  It does it for you.

Please keep in mind that for some hours after you post a new hub, it will display ads that won't be on the subject of your hub.  It takes just a bit of time for it to serve ads that are targeted to the keywords in your article.  If you want to have more control over what ads display, you can log in to your Adsense account and make changes there.

4. John999181 profile image60
    John999181posted 6 years ago

Well, that was easy....

Thanks for the quick responses and no doubt I'll be back in touch with some more questions over the coming days.

5. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

Welcome,  I understand when you first start you read and follow along as instructed and yet still don't get it.  Many of us forget how that is but just take your time and keep asking questions no matter what, this is how you learn...

Just keep asking until you get the answer that clicks with you !

Best Wishes and Much Success smile