jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

1. John999181 profile image61
    John999181posted 6 years ago

I'm new to HubPages and I'm very keen to get more involved with the community.  I enjoy both reading and writing, though felt I haven't done it enough over the past few year.  Time for CHANGE! 

I've noticed on some peoples profiles that they have Accolades, which I would be keen to know more about.  With Accolades, I feel it would give me something to head towards, giving me a sence of achievement while keeping focused on what I enjoy doing.

Is there anywhere where I can get a list of Accolades available?

1. shazwellyn profile image85
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you check out the help pages you will see a list. 

If you want accolades, just produce good quality content (or hubs), be a helpful member of the community and be involved.  Dont force it, let it happen naturally.

Writing here is about taking it at your own pace - dont suffer burn out too soon and want the rewards quickly... just plod and learn.  Say things with good intentions and read other people's hubs.

*slowly, slowly, catchee monkey! - Take it easy*

2. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Welcome!!  The accolades are fairly new and have received a mixed reception.  There are many wonderful people here for you to get to know so enjoy your time and...like Shazwellyn says..."Take it easy". big_smile

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

Don't worry about HubScore and Accolades. Concentrate on writing and publishing original, quality content.

Those things will follow.

1. Lisa HW profile image81
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As usual (at least when it's about something I know enough about to do so), I agree with darkside's input here. 

I'd just add that things aren't really set up for people "to work toward" accolades or scores (at least to the degree it's in anyone's control).  Besides, most people on here know they're just kind of there and don't mean all that much.  It's just better to forget about them, enjoy writing (and/or aiming for whatever traffic or earnings you're aiming for) - and whatever happens with the other stuff happens.

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll disagree a little.

When I'm deciding whether to follow someone or not, I read a few hubs.  If I'm still on the fence, I look at the accolades.  They can push me one way or another.  So, fairly meaningless by themselves, but can be enough to topple me.

3. chaoui profile image59
    chaouiposted 6 years ago

Hey John, heed there advice. In my short time in hubpages I have learned a ton. All of it has been information shared by veteran members, though I still have a lot more to learn.

My point is, the most intriguing aspect of hubpages is the community involvement. I have yet to find a member who has not try to answer one of my stupid questions.

The best advise I was given was to perform a search through Hubpages and educate myself. There is a volume of information available here. Any questions you can't find answers for, more times than not, another member will be happy to help you.

As for accolades they are COOL, I'll get some someday.

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are NO stupid questions, only stupid answers. big_smile lol