jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

NY Times has a little box that comes out

1. bgamall profile image87
    bgamallposted 6 years ago

NY Times increases traffic by having a little box that comes out at the bottom of an article, but not until you scroll most of the way down. Wonder if Hubpages could do that with one's own content. They don't have to be related.

1. Lifeallstar1 profile image61
      Lifeallstar1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

A box about another related article or that authors other work? I could see if it was related but usually it looks like a link you can hover over to give more info, I'm not saying on that site but I have seen that on sites. It might be cool if it were related but I'm going to go check it out for curiosity sake. I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

That is a super-annoying feature!  It would be horrible if HubPages did something like that.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with relache. It's a very annoying feature! Often adverts work in that way as well, which annoys me, too.

Hubpages gives plenty of ways for you to promote your own work, both internally and externally, as well other sources and sites.

♫Each hub has links to other hubs in the same category on the right.
      ♫Each hub has a link to your user profile.
      ♫You can add a link capsule to your hub
      ♫You can add an RSS feed to your hub.
      ♫You can group hubs, so a link to other related hubs by you is shown at the bottom of the article.
      ♫You can add a news capsule.

1. bgamall profile image87
        bgamallposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just throwing it out as a suggestion. I would not advocate advertisements working this way.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
          rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I actually like the feature on NYT.  I don't see it working here, but when I'm reading the news, I appreciate related articles. If I'm not interested, I don't read it.