jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Help with Google Adsense stats! Questions for Veteran Hubbers

1. TwO1FouR profile image61
    TwO1FouRposted 6 years ago

Hello everyone. I'm curious as to how long it takes for a beginner hubber, like myself, to begin earning at least some revenue from adsense. Just want to know how long it took for veteran hubbers here to actually get the ball rolling. I also want to know exactly what earns revenue. Someone clicks on an ad and you get a few cents? Or by the amount of page views?

If anyone can help me with any tips and such please do.

Thank you!

1. CrashDummyMan profile image61
      CrashDummyManposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How much you make will depend on the type of keywords that you target and such.  Some keywords will net you a few cents each click, some will net you $$s a click.  Legal and Finance topics, for example pay more than others.

As for how long it takes, that depends on how difficult the keywords are that you've chosen.  If you've chosen really difficult keywords, you will need to build lots of links to them before you can even hope of getting traffic.

However, hubpages is a big site, so you'll get a bonus for that and if you throw a few links at your Hubs from Ezine and GoArticles you should see results for lower competition keywords pretty quickly.  I have another account with 50 hubs on it that makes about $100/month right now from hubs made last year that I pointed three links at each and it keeps increasing.

In short, choose good keywords and build links, then wait.

1. TwO1FouR profile image61
        TwO1FouRposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your response! Just one question, when you say build links what exactly do you mean? Sorry if I sound idiotic..

1. packerpack profile image59
          packerpackposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It means to distribute links across at right places but do not spam!!

2. Lamme profile image87
          Lammeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are sites like Stumble, Redgage, SheToldMe, where you can list your hub link.  Write a short description and add some tags and you'll have a linkback to your hub.  You can also write a short article and put it on infobarrel, ezinearticles and many others.  The article should be a summary or on the same topic (relevant) to the hub you want to create links for.  Put a link back to your hub and you're building credibility and ranking for your hub.  There's a lot of question as to how quickly you should build these links, so start educating yourself on SEO techniques and find what works for you.  Good luck!

1. geraldinegerongay profile image75
            geraldinegerongayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm curious if a link from facebook and friendster is allowed with adsense? thanks!

2. jacobkuttyta profile image48
      jacobkuttytaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am writing on hubpages. 

Not yet received my first pay.

Waiting for it.

2. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 6 years ago

Hi there, for your first question, It depends on how well you are able to drive traffic to your Hub. Now that depends on a lot of factors like how much time does it take for search engines to index your Hub (it is very quick so relax), what kinda Hub is that, how you have distributed your links, how well have you placed your ads on Hub and most important when visitors of your Hub actually start clicking on your ads. I would suggest to choose your topic write well distribute your links properly and things will happen on its own. Like for me my first Hub was on removal of virus and Trojan and I got my first earning the very first day!

Second question, it depends on both clicks and page view but earning out of page views is almost negligible.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Read Mark Knowles' hub, Backlinks for Dummies

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

It will probably take a few months.

Earning money online takes a lot of hardwork, and persistance.  SEO is also a huge learning curve which you will need to follow!

5. jasonycc profile image81
    jasonyccposted 6 years ago

Took me six months to earn my first $100 from Adsense. Did lots of backlinking with Xomba, Snipsly, SheToldMe and RedGage. No shortcut.

6. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Took me 9 months to earn that first paycheck (rec'd in 10th month).  After that they've been coming every 1-2 months.  I didn't do a lot of backlinking in the beginning because as others have said, there is a learning curve to all of this.

7. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

The average seems to be about 6 months to start recieving noticable earnings, well worth the wait though!

8. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 6 years ago

Like thisisoli mentioned, I would say about 6 months, maybe sooner if you write consistently, create backlinks, and pick profitable topics. It seems that after hubs age awhile, they start drawing traffic.