jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Advice appreciated for a photo shop hub I am writing

1. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

It may have been noticed that I have not been participating here as much as I have done in the past. I have been completely obsessed with designing in photo shop for my online store (a link can be found on my profile wink). I am now inspired to share the little tricks and tips that have learned to create images I am so proud of. What I would not want to do is leave some small thing out because I didn't find it tricky to figure out. So I would love any simple how to questions so I don't forget anything or leave it out.

What good is a beginners how to hub that leaves out the most basic task? big_smile

1. flounderingsahm profile image61
      flounderingsahmposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think the most basic info would be all the tools on the workspace.  Explaining what each tool is and what it does.  You could probably break this out into multiple hubs.  When I first started using Photoshop, the workspace itself was very intimidating.  There is just so much stuff you can do with Photoshop, but many can't get past the initial screen!  Good luck to you and can't wait to read the hub(s)!

kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think I got lucky in that my hubby has used and learned photo shop formally when at school. All I had to say was How? to him and I got some simple bit of logic to the tools and how to play with them beyond what seemed obvious to me. I also want to cover the image tweaking options (like hue/saturation and contrast etc.) that can turn a 'so so' picture into something that vibrancy or mystery. I hope to show examples from my own works that were created using a range of features to show how they can build on each other.

1. flounderingsahm profile image61
          flounderingsahmposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's great.  I took a few photoshop classes and a read a few books but they didn't teach me anything.  I learned a ton of stuff on the Internet.  If I wanted to do something, I searched and found a tutorial.  I'm more hands on, I learned a TON of stuff from the tutorials out there.  LOVE LOVE LOVE the liquidize tool.  Who knew you could shave off a few pounds!  :-)

2. Dale Nelson profile image32
    Dale Nelsonposted 6 years ago

Hi Kirsten Blog,

My photoshop is shocking and so I would read whatever you write in the hub.
    I always wonder how to superimpose another image and then blot out the white backgorund by dragging the color form the original background.Hope that makes sense.

kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a kind of photography collage you are aiming for, I can think of a few ways to do this so will definately go through that one smile, gonna have to look for an image I created that is this sort of thing. My aunt didn't realize I had photo shopped it even tho I could totally tell lol

I had one simple tip that I might want to include, resizing images. I found this easy to figure out but I know that I find learning new software easy and fun, not everyone else will find it easy or fun or have the confidence to just muck about and figure it out over time smile

working