1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

When writing a new hub i wish the category list was more expansive, does anyone agree? I have an unpublished hub on the Firth of Forth Rail bridge and not sure which category it fits-how about an engineering category? any other suggestions

1. Lifeallstar1 profile image60
      Lifeallstar1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I had a question to ask and it was about something legal and serious but was told by comedians "penn and Teller" so I needed serious advice but by people who have seen them act before on showtime so I didn't want to put it as humor, or comedian, TV, when the subject was about the law and injuries. I tried it a few different ways and posted it twice and never received a response. So I should have sent it to the comedy, humor, TV section or something. It was just impossible so I gave up.

I wish they let you pick and chose your own out of there full lists and not narrow it down for you. I do not know if you can try it one way with a hub and then try it again a different way. I know if you can before it is published but after i have no idea. I would ask if you can edit the category after it's published. If someone doesn't answer you, I would send it to Hubpages and ask.  It all depends what the next set is but with a hub it's not as bad because of the keywords that you add to it helps with the search.  Engineering? history? knowledge? Knowledge and education is always a good start but you have to fiddle around with it but don't go crazy since the again the keywords you choose will help people find it.

I hope that helps but hopefully someone else gives some advice, as well. I do agree though that the choices aren't the best in how it narrows down. You might see something that works then you click on it and the next set is totally off.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
        BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thankyou Lifeallstar 1-- I will try what you have recommended, surely a better category list than the one supplied could be found--good luck for the future.