I've been using the site and having the oddest things going on. One was just me with the poll, which I didn't know stayed open like that but that question was answered and I really appreciated the help! Thanks!!!!
That was a learning type issue. These are not since I was doing them and they never happened before but now they are and just want to know how long until they get fixed? Some examples...
***SOME STRANGE THINGS GOING ON FOR ME LATELY AS FAS AS DISAPPEARING:
1) Someone will post a response and it shows up on the hub but it does not show in my hubtivity. I assume no biggy? But it never did that before. I was even notified by email about it but it didn't show there which it always did. Some will follow, and I might get notified, might not by email. It's happen both ways.
2) I also post places and it goes on top of the post above after I send it, like not above but on top of, and I click out and come in again and it looks fine so a little harmless glitch but still a glitch.
3) (really annoying and one main issue) I post places and it disappears (all recently) mostly in forum. Not like someone chose to deny me type thing on a hub. It just goes up normally then I see it's gone a min later(some I notice later since I'm not staring at it for a long time).
a) This has happened a bunch of times, I was trying to help people with questions they had in the forum, mostly. So I either tried to repost, I think I even said in one that I posted and it disappeared. It was in the same spot as it disappeared to test it out again plus it being discouraging, because after posting to help others and answering questions or responding to things and it disappears, you forget what you said exactly or you get too exhausted (as I did due to a medical condition).
b) It's hours of wasted time because I didn't even succeed in trying to help due to it disappearing. With some that I noticed and reposted again I hope it worked, but the point is, maybe it's an easy thing for everyone and when it disappears its no biggie but I put time into it and all the time I spent amounted to just wasted time that I don't have, since I like to help others it's great and I was happy to be able to find ones I could help with, but if I'm going to do it and they cant even see it then I could be doing many other things with my time that I should/need to be doing too. I would stay up late as well to do it, then I see all these crazy things happening and I am trying to figure it out and it's them 6am my time and I need to get up. Like I said, I want to participate and be part of the community here but it has been very upsetting to me when this has been happening and I'm not benefitting hubages-wise, sleep-wise, health-wise and the other person I try to help is not benefitting if I am able to help but they don't know I even tried.
c) So, will it reappear? Lost forever? Is system fixed? Has anyone else noticed? Are they getting deleted somehow on purpose?
***OTHER MAIN ISSUE: HUBKARMA ISSUES THAT I KNOW PEOPLE HAVE POSTED ON, BUT HERE ME OUT, PLEASE.
1) Like others, I cannot use the "suggestion tool" for the hubkarma and if it is based on that alone, and there is a glitch the karma score SHOULD freeze for now, because I don't think our hubkarma should go down when we cant do anything about it.
2) If the hubkarma is based on anything else, I have no idea what it is since what I read didn't say anything about other reasons or ways of how it worked. It was only linking to other peoples hubs which I expressed that I was happy to do that but is it on that alone or no?
3) I'm happy to link other hubs so the other hubbers benefit, and the reader does, as well, so they can get as much knowledge as possible. It's a great idea HOWEVER...
a) My hubkarma score was at 100 (even though it stated it doesn't mean much which is confusing since it is helping others and helping Hubpages). If that's not giving a helping hand, I do not know what is.
b) My score was 100 (hubkarma not my hub score or hubpages score) HOWEVER, in doing that...all the linking, my hubs tanked in score since I was sending people away and they were not staying as long on my hub. It should be fair in the sense that a new window pop up for people because it i'm reading an article and i click on a word THINKING a boc will pop up and I go somewhere else, I'm not happy.
4) I did a test because of it, and took all the hub linking away to see what would happen and I had people on the hub longer to read what I wrote again since if you click it means you most likely 99% lost that person. So it worked that way.
a) it gave me less in hubkarma points, which as stated, doesn't mean much for score but it's a nice think to do for others, hubbers, readers, and hubpages, but not yourself.
b) I even went back to link again knowing that I will lose people once again, and possibly annoy people that do not realize they are getting sent somewhere else. I figured I would do some but not as much. Then the suggestion tool stopped working and it looks like I don't care to be a part of the community since I do not have any links.
5) However, I am happy to link to pages, I think it's great to give someone all the info they want and I want to do that but I do not want them to leave my site and I don't think anyone else wants that or the readers want to just go somewhere they do not know about, when a box should come up and give the info that you provided. So they stay put and also read someone else page, and that person should get a credit for someone reading it or how long they read it for. I also think since a lot of people know they will lose the person, to have the window box and also when setting up HubKarma with the linking tool that the links that come up to chose from, are people that are doing it as well. Maybe it's like that, or maybe it not. I do not know. I think it's more of a search engine that doesn't know the difference but I might be surprised.
6) Lastly, if you are part of the HubKarma pool, linking tool, due to participation, I think somehow it would be nice to know who chose your link to provide a window box, and for whomever you pick to know yours was chosen. Even if it just shows you a number and how many hits, and not give names of who actually chose you, but it was chosen.
* I don't know if that can be done, or would want to be done, but I think a lot more people would be willing to do it then. People have said straight out, no way. I like giving a hubber some kudo's and the reader more info, and if it helps Hubpages as a whole that is good too, but I understand people not wanting too since it takes away from their work, and from a readers point of view I do not click since I know it will take me away from what I am reading. But who knows what info I might be missing. I guess I will never know.
Never mind. I guess no one else's stuff disappears or if it does, they don't mind.
And, HubKarma must be fine with everyone, so forget it. The glitch is the least of it's problems.
Sorry I'm annoyed but I do my best at trying to help as many people as possible and I'm in the Need help? Ask here. Forum and yes, it's ultra long but a lot has been going on. So to answer a tiny section of it would have been nice.
I thought maybe this section, Need help? Ask here. was where the hub pages direct help people were to answer but my mistake and if i could delete it i would but do not know how so if someone can make it disappear like a lot of my other stuff, please do.
There's been some very odd things going on with the forums tonight.
Glitches, very slow loading, etc.
I can't offer any help, and haven't noticed the other stuff, but at least now you know you're not completely alone.
p.s. I wouldn't worry too much about hubkarma, it serves no real purpose.
I don't know about the glitches, but the HubKarma? It's meaningless anywhere but here on HP. In other words, it's not going to make you money, so I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm so sorry no one has answered you! I've had to be offline for muc of the evening, and I haven't had a chance to read through your post yet. I'll do that and see what I can do. But just to fill you in. I just saw elsewhere that another Hubber is having problems with her pages. I don't know details, but I wanted to let you know. Sometimes these things happen. Anyway, I'll stop right now and read. Just wanted you to know I'm here.
About the glitches, I'll mostly speak from my own experience. During the time I've been here, there have been several times when some really strange things have happened. Not super often, but several times. They had mostly to do with the way the page appeared on my screen - totally different from the normal way.
On one occasion, it was discussed in a forum, because several people had experienced it too. After a while, it just went away - got fixed or whatever.
I wish I knew the cause. It can be very frustrating for anyone. I have wondered if maybe the HubPages community has grown so rapidly that there are a lot of new technical problems as a result of rapid growth. I don't know.
But I do know that the staff works hard to keep things running smoothly, and they have always seemed to get on top of it as soon as they knew about it. It may be that no one on the staff answered your post because they got busy trying to fix it.
I've also noticed that there are periodic problems with the stats. In the last week, there have been 3-4 separate times when the stats have gotten stuck or "frozen." Sometimes it takes hours to get fixed, but then it does get fixed. Right now, I think they may be stuck again. So, it's possible that whatever the other problem was is also tied in with the problems with stats.
I'll post this now and write some more in another box.
Part Two (HubKarma):
Mrvoodoo [and lrohner] has a point that Hubkarma has little purpose. On the one hand, it can be pretty satisfying to know that we're contributing to the community. So that HubKarma number can be a sort of feel-good number. But mine # is like yours. I did a whole lot of linking to my hubs, which probably helped the other people much more than it did me. But it did give me a great HubKarma score.
Occasionally my score dips a little, then rises again, and I don't know why - because it changes even if I haven't done anything at all different. All I can figure - it's just a guess - is that maybe one or more of the Hubs I've linked to has become unpublished or something like that. That might change the score.
But back to the linking business. One experienced Hubber that I read about said she puts links only near the end of her Hubs. That way, the reader won't leave her page too soon. And, I guess, if someone is almost finished reading an article they would probably go ahead and read it before clicking on the link.
I know someone else also asked about having a separate box that opens for the linked article. I don't know if that's possible here just yet. Sometimes a person can set up their own computer browser so that that will happen automatically. (I mean a reader could do this.) I'm afraid I don't know how to do it myself.
I think that another solution to being helpful without undermining your own Hubs would be to use the link capsule for links (maybe not strictly instead of linking within the Hub, but maybe in conjunction with doing that). It's separate from the "suggest links" tool, but - when the tool is working - some good ideas might be suggested with the tool that could be put in the link capsule.
If your Suggest Links Tool is still not working, be sure to contact the staff directly to let them know.
Finally: I saw you posting in forums last night when I was "burning the midnight oil" (and it was definitely way past midnight ). I hope you will get a good night's rest tonight. Good sleep is one of the most underrated treasures that exists.
Thank you so much for writing a book for me. I know I wrote so much and no one wanted to tackle it, believe me, I didn't want to write it but like you said I was up so late trying to fix things and was helping other people so I guess I snapped a little.
Like I was saying to Mrvoodoo, I didn't feel the HubLove but I do now. Thanks again for taking the time to post all of that for me. I really appreciate it. I did see the same thing as you did about linking at the bottom if you use HubKarma, and the link idea you said is good. I know HubKarma has no worth but I was trying to help the community but not screw myself or the reader.
As everyone says it has no value, so if they don't want to make it worth it for us, I will probably just put some at the bottom on my hub for the sake of the reader and a select few hubbers that it connects to well. But thank you again, you took a lot of time to post to me and I appreciate all of you guys. You are definitely right, I need my sleep LOL. Thanks again for your kindness. I totally feel the HubLove from you and now I can go get some well needed sleep. LOL. Thanks again to Mrvoodoo and Irohner and yourself. I'm normally not so crabby. I promise!!!!! Jess
Many hubbers come to the forums to goof off or chat about this or that and when they're in that mode they won't take the time to read a long forum post like this one. I know I won't. However, if I were in that chatty goofy mode I also wouldn't look at the "Need Help" forum in the first place since I know this is going to be people posting some issue they are having. So, my guess is, when you posted this many of the hubbers online were not in a "help another hubber" mode and were likely goofing off in something from the "Hangout" or "Sandpit" forum. Don't take it personally.
Thank you, I won't take it personally. I did come to the "Need Help? Ask here." That is why I was annoyed because I needed some help and not the fun goofy stuff, like you mentioned. I helped many people with issues they had last night and no one else was asnwering them either so they were very appreciative that I answered for them. It's hard when you go out of your way to help people for hours and hours and then no one can answer a question for you. I understand it was long but it was about two issues. I do understand what you mean. I guess we can read long hubs for others, but not long questions...LOL. I'm happy to help anyone whether a long issue or short. I was in this section and answered as such. I just saw a list of people on a list of answering the most questions to help out and I wondered how when no one is answering these people, although I was trying to get to everyone that I could help, but maybe the list is there for other area's I couldn't see because I was in the Need Help area. I thought the list was for the same area. It's fine though. That's for your comment, I appreciate it. I just hope people realize that when they bang out these hubs, we are all reading them carefully and they are long, so a help question (i admit too long) should be answered in one way or another. Thanks again KCC, cute picture too !!!
Thanks..LOL. It's funny because it's the next day and it's late again. 4:15 am so I better get to bed again. I was doing research for someone that needed help on here and then some other things so the time flies! No wonder why I can't get my hubs out. I should stay out of the forums for a while. Thank you again!!!! See you soon!
by ramkkasturi6 years ago
My hub karma score is going high. I don't know if this means I am over linked to other hubs. But some how the traffic is down.No idea if this is because of linking. Does it make sense to believe that those...
by hinazille6 years ago
... & what does this really mean?
by TopUniverse6 years ago
My hubkarma slightly increased, can anyone tell the importance of hubkarma.Will it related hubber score,hub score and pages views of hub?Are they useful for search engine rankings?Thanks in advance.
by sunforged6 years ago
Im very interested in what equates to a high score in this metric.I recently have been linking out aLOT as a part of a recent group challenge.My Hubkarma is 47..I understand if you want to keep it to yourself.
by bmthepro6 years ago
I have started hubbing recently and want to know what actually hubkarma does . If I link someone else's hub from my own hub will they know it and link back to mine? how can linking to other's hubs be beneficial to me? I...
by Hub Llama6 years ago
Hopefully the right people see this.Here is an idea how to make the new HubKarma score both very useful and beloved by writers on HubPages. Additionally, this would also provide more incentive to Hubbers to link...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.