jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

CTR Drop- Anyone Else?

1. Angela Harris profile image75
    Angela Harrisposted 6 years ago

My CTR at Hubpages has been taking a nosedive, about half from normal. I decided to not panic, figuring Hubpages was just experimenting with ad placements or something similar.

However, it's been a month now, and still my click-thrus are way below my normal rate. I thought maybe it was because of one hub that draws the most traffic, but has a crappy CTR. But when I took it out of the equation, still my CTR is suffering greatly.

So, just wondering, anyone else seen a consistent drop in CTR at Hubpages for the last month or so? I'm assuming I may be the only one, as I've seen no other complaints. It's just very frustrating, as I can't really do anything about it, and it's really affecting my Adsense income.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

If the majority of your Hub traffic comes from the US, you have to take into account that in the summertime, earnings can drop drastically as people tend to shift away from shopping and spend their money in the real world on things like vacations.

3. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

That is such a helpful bit of insight.  I just love dipping into forums and learning new things (because of other Hubbers' questions) that I might not have any occasion to ask on my own for some time.

4. vaguesan profile image81
    vaguesanposted 6 years ago

So now that there is a nosedive in traffic, it's a good time to build hubs for the winter/holiday season right? smile

5. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I have found lately that I am sea sawing between amazon and google. One goes down, the other goes up. Maybe I need twice as many hubs to counter that? lol

6. Angela Harris profile image75

Sorry for the delay in response. I forgot about the holiday when I posted. Thanks for the input, everyone.

The thing is, though, that my traffic is fine. It's only the CTR percentage that has dropped. I have not noticed this on my other sites. And Amazon seems to be doing better than usual.

Purely puzzling and exasperating. Obviously no one else is having this problem?

7. Evan Hutchinson profile image78
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago

Maybe it's because I started writing more new articles, but my CTR and my traffic are both up I've been hitting all the right notes on Google and getting extra traffic on old articles.

8. Angela Harris profile image75

Interesting, and thanks, Evan.

Well, traffic never did drop, and it is actually gaining. CTR is still somewhat lower, but beginning to pick up a bit again.

I searched all the way back since I started Hubpages, and it seems that every summer my CTR drops, but not necessarily traffic. Just this year it lasted such a long time, that I actually noticed it. Usually the dry spell only lasts a week or so. It seems as if I'm the only one that experiences it, though.

9. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Mine is okay, try diversifying, if most of your articles are about electronics, indoor products, and similar, try aiming hubs towards outdoor activities!

10. Angela Harris profile image75

Thanks for the tip, thisisoli!

11. brettb profile image70
    brettbposted 6 years ago

Mine is still good as well. I'm disappointed to realise that my lucrative finance hubs are actually seasonal - people only seem to buy stocks around the end of the financial year. Grrr.

The Google keyword tool is great for showing you if a keyword is seasonal. CTR and traffic will drop - CTR probably goes down as the best advertisers stop advertising when they know their product is out of season.