jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Looks like IE 8 browser is finally history as to editing hubs

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Yesterday, the HP editor just flat out quit working for me.

Same thing today.

At first I thought it was a website problem, but the forums haven�t been buried in complaints.

So I fired up Firefox and was indeed able to do a successful edit.

I also noticed that processing time and traffic interaction have substantially increased when editing.

I am curious as to whether anyone is still able to do a successful hub edit using IE 8.

If they can, while I can�t, then it probably means I�ve got to pry open the wallet and buy some memory chips.

The text in this note is all scrambled up everywhere I have used an apostrophe. So if it still looks that way after I click Submit, that is why.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There must be more to it.  I use the latest IE with no problem.  It even has a special "compatibility view" for hubpages.  Perhaps you need to download the latest updates?

2. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

Yep - no problems at all here - worked fine this morning - created a new hub - actually worked better than normal - I usually have to save several times - didn't have to save at all this time - and with 32 text modules and 32 ebay modules that's a record for me!

3. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

It works  fine in Chrome, which is not a memory hog like Firefox.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90

Thanks guys.

5. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 6 years ago

No problem - I'm slowly changing to Firefox these days anyways....so if IE is not working, just switch to Firefox and you should have no problems!

6. SandyMcCollum profile image84
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

I  use Google Chrome with no problem. It's tons faster than Firefox and doesn't take up so  much memory.

7. ns1209 profile image36
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

I use Google Chrome and absolutely love it - it is so fast!  All is working fine here

8. paradigmsearch profile image90

For those who may end up in the same situation:

When all the usual/normal fixes failed, I threw out all the accumulated toolbars and other bells-and-whistles.

Now everything works fine.