jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Some hubs high views others very low

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 6 years ago

A lot of my hubs are very one sided. I might have one that gets almost 20 views a day then a lot others only get a few. How can I help the other hubs out?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As I just posted on another thread, one thing you might want to do is link from your other related hubs to the hubs with less traffic.  Again, it depends on the subject matter of your hub.  Some hubs will just never take off the way others do.

2. Joe8943 profile image80
    Joe8943posted 6 years ago

After looking at your hubs it's pretty obvious which ones are getting traffic.  The more popular topics will garner you more traffic now but your others will probably get you long term traffic and over several years will probably outperform your more popular topic hubs.  Like your modern warfare 2 hubs will do well now but not when inevitable sequels come out they will fade out but your hunting ones will probably get traffic longterm.

3. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 6 years ago

Yeah, that does make sense. I was thinking that way before, but was not sure if that's how it worked. Yeah some of my hubs are sort of set in stone while others are more like current news that is hot for a while.

Of course when sequels spawn I think it would be a good idea for me to write about them as other hubs won't be the same as they once were.

4. shazwellyn profile image85
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

This is why it is important to have hub diversity - it covers all angles.  i have hubs that feature current politics to ever green subjects.  It is great to watch trends on your hubs.  Dont worry too much - just be natural and keep writing good content smile

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree diversity covers a lot instead of relying on one thing.

5. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

One of my Drawing hubs blew up in terms of traffic last week, then dropped straight away to just a couple..Im assuming someone must of featured it on a blog
    Then another one I notice has 5 incoming links has blown up with about 50 views a day today

David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah it is kind of strange how the views are a lot more on some. I guess the niche means a lot