jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Amazon affiliate

1. 0
    Lisa Wardposted 6 years ago

I live in the UK and have signed up to Amazon.com, which is working fine, and I have a few ads on my hubs, but I also want to list products from the UK site as well, and have therefore signed up with Amazon.uk. However, I cannot seem to register 2 affiliate code, does anyone know if I can do this? Thanks in anticipation.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lisa you can't put Amazon.co.uk ads on Hubpages, sorry.

1. 0
        Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Looks like same here, my Amazon.ca  is not working, or I do not know something.

2. Hovalis profile image88
    Hovalisposted 6 years ago

You need to go and sign up at Amazon.com, as this is the only one which works here. For the UK, you'll end up getting a cheque for payment (and if it's anything like here in AUS, it'll take a long time to clear, but that's a whole other story).

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually, I believe you end up getting a voucher off code for UK participants as payment... unless things have changed.  Correct me if I am wrong!

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Shaz smile Vouchers are one payment method from amazon, but getting a cheque is also available (I have one sitting in the kitchen ready to pay in tomorrow!). I think the minimum payment threshold via cheque is $100.

Oh wow!  Is this new?  Do they pay you in Dollars and are they ok to put into uk bank accounts? 

Thanks Susana S smile

1. Susana S profile image92
            Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think it's new, but it's only an option if you have your payment threshold set to $100 or over. Yeah, the cheques are in dollars and my bank charges £10 to clear it. Most banks will accept foreign cheques into a current account..... for a fee.

"If you are being paid by check, we will not send payment until the total amount due is at least $100. Please note that we will also deduct an $15 processing fee from all checks we send you. If your billing address is outside the United States, and direct deposit is, therefore, unavailable to you, we will waive the $15 fee."

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp … -info.html

Helpful Susana... I think I was put off of this because of the charges - that is why I dismissed it out of my head (somehow must have erased the knowledge - hehehe0.  I have tinkered with Amazon but have had little success so $25 out of $100 is quite a lot to take a knock on (25% is outrageous really for the work involved) ... this is probably why I havent gone full on with promoting Amazon.

p.s. Susana...' If your billing address is outside the United States, and direct deposit is, therefore, unavailable to you, we will waive the $15 fee.'.. Does that mean that us in the UK wont have the $15 deduction?

1. 0
                ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Shazwellyn.... I have set my Amazon payout threshold at $500.

That means that I wont have to cash a cheque until I reach that amount. My UK bank charges £10 ($15) to cash a US cheque.

That means that I will earn $500, recieve $475.

If you consider the recent exchange rate of $1.5 to £1, I will still be getting £317. Just over a year ago the exchange rate was around $2 to £1..... so I would have paid $20 to cash a cheque and been left with the equivalent of £230....

So personally I am happy to pay $15 to cash a cheque on the basis that my eventual payment will be worth £87 more to me than it was just over a year ago...

I am currently on around $210, so some way to go, but last month I earnt nearly $50.... I am aiming for 2 Amazon payouts of $500 per year. That is, at current exchange rate and after bank charges, £634, well worth my time....

Arrh.. now in percentage terms it is more attractive.  I am ok with that because the payout ratio to charges are greater.  I think I will, thanks to you and Susana, change my options and have a go (despite the quick burn Amazon cookie - lol).

Thanks guys smile

3. 0
    Lisa Wardposted 6 years ago

HI, thanks for the info! Will just have to leave Amazon.com ads on! I still have a lot to learn.

4. content profile image76
    contentposted 6 years ago

I've had some success with Amazon, not enough to live off of, but enough to pay some bills, till I got kicked out of the affiliate program because of some silly law that was passed in my state.

working