jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

What type of Hub is better?

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago

Are How to hubs better than original content type hubs?

I'm new and admittedly confused, any help would be appreciated.

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 6 years ago in reply to this

The type of hub that is the best , is the one that makes you coin. I have not experienced that yet, but I keep pluggin away. Besides I have fun doing this , so money is not the issue ! smile

2. Rafini profile image80
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Which type of hub is better?  The type you want to create - but make sure it's original content. big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Anything published on HubPages has to be original content.

A "How To" hub is unique to your own creation of the words used to describe it. Telling it in your own words is what makes it original content.

(a) good grammar is a plus
    (b) good format/design helps with fluid reading
    (c) solid information makes the read feel good

That's just a thought. You can write about almost anything you choose(within reasons and not against TOS of adsense or hubpages).

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
      Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

By original content I meant, fiction, things that I experienced, I realize it has to be in my words. Thanks for the help.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image84
        Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Fiction probably won't earn you much money, but that doesn't make how-to hubs "better."  It depends on what you're looking for.

3. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 6 years ago

That is the answer I needed, Thank you

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I would think that telling of a experience with a 'moral of the story is..' with touch of humor may do well. Something like, Aesops Fables hmm just my thoughts.

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

My humorous hubs do very well!

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeh, well that's because your funny hubs are actually funny! smile
      Your new food hub has made me become a worshipper, I was only a friend and follower before that.

Seriously habee, that hub has got to be the most complete hub I have ever seen!

6. Sab Oh profile image60
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

Anything but overweight 'Auntie' hubs

7. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Product orientated hubs do the best for me personally.

8. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Find your niche' and just write, if you love writing fiction do it! If you enjoy how-to articles bring them on, whatever your heart deisres just write. There are those who write about products, health, or just creative write. My hubs seem to do well because I have found a niche' and enjoy writing about things that come to mind. Welcome to HubPages and jump in, I am waiting. smile

9. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Welcome Jim, I would think the best hubs are the ones you enjoy writing. smile

10. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Just write what you know.  Good content will find it's way naturally in the world of Google.

Stories are not a good earner, but you can cleverly incorporate keywords into your URL title that will find a place for those searching.  Just get in the mindset of people searching for your story... what are they looking for?  Fairy story? Science Fiction story?  Well, if you want your story to be found, no one will be looking up your title to a story will they?  They will be looking for 'children's stories' or 'free children's stories'.

Check out how I get around the keyword stuff with my stories, if you want.  People are now actively searching my Ollie the Big Red Bus Stories now - I see this on my anaylitics.  The best performer in my short stories is this (please note, this is not self promotion, it is an example to demonstrate my point to help others):

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Truth-Mushr … th-Telling

People will be searching 'short story','story', 'mushroom', 'mushroom story', 'imaginative short story' - have I made my point?

BTW let me welcome you to Hubpages and I look forward to watching you grow.

Shaz smile