jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Struggling with the IdeaBank

1. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

Is there anyway to search through IdeaBank to find ideas recently added, or with no answers (or just one or two), or buy topic. I am just seeing a very long list of titles with # answers and not much else.
    Any tricks I am missing or is it just a case of scanning through a page at a time?
    And how often is it updated?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Yeah, the Ideabank is exactly that- a bank of ideas. Yeah, they have answers, but did you bother to check out the answers people have posted to the ideas?

So people do no justice to an idea, because they think they can write about it and when they do write about it, they screw it up or make it more confusing.

I would suggest you stick to things you are familiar with or have access to for research. smile

3. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

I think the newer ideas are the ones that are higher in the page numbers... I could be wrong but that is what it seems to me.

Hope this helps smile

4. jstankevicz profile image81
    jstankeviczposted 6 years ago

It doesn't appear that the IdeaBank and the Premium IdeaBank are very current - new items not being added?

Takes a lot of work to page through the entries to find something new that you might want to write about. And then you find nothing new!

I'd suggest that if HubPages is serious about writers using the ideabanks they could improve this process by allowing sort based on age of idea, and by number of answers. And, of course, by adding fresh ideas, and maybe flushing ancient topics?

5. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

They used to update all the time, but now it's very seldom. I've gotten great ideas from there. Some are great hits, but I think it's still a hit and miss for traffic and revenue.

The newer ones are posted on the first page, the further down the list, the older the topics.

6. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I've written a few hubs based on the idea bank, have to admit that i would be much happier with the premium idea bank if it was more regularly updated though.