jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

My hub score seems to go down when I add a new one

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

I used to think that the overall hub score went up when you added new hubs but lately I have had the reverse of this happening and am wondering why and if this happens to other people? It seems to drop just after a new hub is posted but goes back up after about a day.

2. Lily Rose profile image83
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Same thing happens to me each time I publish a new hub.  I seem to recall reading somewhere here when I first started about such a phenomenon and there was no clear cut reason why it happens, it's just known to happen...

That probably didn't help at all, but at least you know that you're not alone!

3. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

If you publish it with a 50 score it will lower the average score of your cumulative hubs.  I am not sure if this is why the hubber score drops but it might have an influence.

I take awhile to publish a hub so the score rises dramatically before published.  I never noticed my hubberscore drop after publishing a hub.

4. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

My hub score seems to go down when I add a new one.

Common occurrence. Nothing to worry about. smile

5. liljen23 profile image73
    liljen23posted 6 years ago

Hello Bard of Ely, you just have to give your hubs time to grow.. This happens to me all the time.

6. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Mine goes down and then comes up too! The trick is to hold onto your hubs for an extra day or two so that the score simmers a little, then you will not see a significant drop in your score.smile

7. KeithTax profile image81
    KeithTaxposted 6 years ago

Ever hear of the "Google Dance?"

Well, this is the "HP Dance."

1. Research Analyst profile image80
      Research Analystposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's funny the HP dance. LOL

8. Ladybird33 profile image72
    Ladybird33posted 6 years ago

It's really nothing to stress about...it will go up, you are changing your scores when adding a new one...that is all.

9. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

Thank you, everyone, for all this advice! I am glad it's not just me it happens to!