jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (21 posts)

Update on our baby:

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 7 years ago

All the tests have come back on Brooklynn, and they discovered that the meningitis is viral - not bacterial. She hasn't had any fever in 48 hours, so she got to go home today! Her tummy is a little messed up from the antibiotics, but other than that, she seems to be fine.

Thanks to all of my HP family for your prayers, thoughts, and support!

1. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 7 years ago in reply to this

YAYYYY!!!! My nephew had bacterial menegitis when he was about 3 weeks old due to a plogged tear duct, it was so awful but he recovered. What a relife!! Im so happy to hear the good news.  smile

2. kirstenblog profile image74
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

Ohhhh Good News!!!!!

Hopefully being at home and in a familiar environment will get her back to full health in short order big_smile

3. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Thanks, Kirsten. We're soooo relieved!

4. Flightkeeper profile image72
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Hi Habee, I didn't know your grandchild(?) was sick. I'm glad Brooklynn's condition wasn't serious and she's now home. That's wonderful news and I wish the little tyke a swift recovery.

5. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Hey Habee, I am glad things are turning for the better. smile Keep smiling. smile

6. donotfear profile image90
    donotfearposted 7 years ago

I'm thankful she is better. Now you can begin the journey of getting to know the little rascal & get all those grandma hugs!  Best to you!

7. shazwellyn profile image82
    shazwellynposted 7 years ago

Habee.. What a terrible ordeal you have just been through.  I had no idea but am glad it all ended well smile

8. profile image0
    Wife Who Savesposted 7 years ago

Habee, I didn't know your baby was sick. Glad she is feeling better and that she is home being pampered.

9. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Thanks so much, friends. It's good to have her home and in her familiar surroundings!

10. Mike Lickteig profile image89
    Mike Lickteigposted 7 years ago

Very good news, Habee!

11. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

We should all celebrate by posting topless pictures of ourselves.  I'll go first.

http://www.dawngrrl.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/WindowsLiveWriter/ItstrueIdonereaditonthemInternets_7FE6/fat_guy_in_girl_underwear5.jpg

12. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

So glad to hear that, Habee.  What an ordeal, isn't it...  hmm Sincerest wishes for her super-speedy recovery.   We just went through a Meningitis scare with my sister's daughter over the weekend.  False alarm, thankfully.  It's so much scarier with newborns, though.

(One never knows when that guy in the picture above is going to show up.  I thought my computer was messing up when I first saw him on this thread.   lol    As far as the topless celebration goes, think I'll pass....)  (Has he made his way into the religion forum yet, I wonder....  )

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That was his first appearance.  Brenda asked for contact info.

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Is that a gun hanging on the wall?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
          Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No, it's one of those grabber-thingies so people who can't bend over can pick things up off the floor.

1. wyanjen profile image86
            wyanjenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Do you have a second grabber-thingy by your keyboard? 'Cuz I don't think you can reach the one that's hanging on the wall.

FAT lot of good it's doing you, way up there where you can't grab it.

2. wyanjen profile image86
          wyanjenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Seriously.

You get a stark, honest view of Ron in his most intimate blogging moment, and all you notice is a gun on the wall?

13. theirishobserver. profile image57
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

Great News - smile

14. akirchner profile image96
    akirchnerposted 7 years ago

Vunderbar! Glad she is all better (almost) - she is having a bit of it getting started out in the world but she sounds like she will be one strong lady......give her a kiss from Oregon!

15. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Thanks, guys!

Ron, I can't post my cupcakes on here. The screen isn't large enough for the twins. lol

working