jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Linking to an Amazon search page whilst retaining your affiliate code

1. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

I've seen a couple of hubs where there is a link to an Amazon search results page, and the hubbers affiliate code is in the URL so they will get credit for the sale, even though it is not through an Amazon capsule.

Is anyone willing to tell me how to do it? One I saw actually looks like the hubber has used html code as it comes  up in large blue writing 'more xxxx at Amazon'. Another I saw was just an anchored text link.

I tried using the 'link to this page' option on Amazon, and this works to create a text link, but now sign of my affilaite ID in the URL after I click through.

I still want to use Amazon capusles, but being able to do a link like that at the end of the article as a catch for people who haven't yet found anything to click on would be great.

Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Spacey Gracey profile image75

bump bump bump

3. Spacey Gracey profile image75

ok- my very last bump, then I will let this die a natural death.

4. Daisydot profile image60
    Daisydotposted 6 years ago

First log into your Amazon account. Then go to the page you want to link to.

Click "link to this page" on the top, and a box will come up, asking you to select an Amazon tracking ID. Select this, and then click "text".

Amazon will create a giant text link - but you don't want the whole thing: you just want the bit between quotes - i.e. just the URL. If you look closely the URL will contain your Amazon tracking ID.

When in Hubpages, highklight the text you want to anchor a link, and then paste in the URL from Amazon. Then publish.

When you hover over the link you should see the Amazon URL, complete with your tracking ID in it. When you click through you just land on the relevant Amazon page (Your ID won't show), but rest assured that amazon will have tracked you.

HTH

5. englightenedsoul profile image61
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

Spacey why don't you create a personalized a-store and link to it from your hub.

6. Spacey Gracey profile image75

Daisydot - that's what I've been doing, but as you said when I click through the ID doesn't show and that's been freaking me out. Thanks for the help. All of my hubs have a very clunky last paragraph directing readers to basically click on any image then use the search tool - but I can do it for them now. Thanks.

Enlightendedsoul - I do that to catch overseas readers if there's enough of them, but my honest answer to doing it for all hubs is that I can't be bothered smile.

1. waynet profile image48
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Spacey, of course your ID won't show, the Amazon affiliate links use a redirect, but the Id will be in there and it will stay in there. so use the highlight the complete affiliate URL within the code.

7. Spacey Gracey profile image75

I hope you're not mocking me waynet - I am just a fresh faced newbie! Personally I blame you and Oli - coz everything I know, I've learnt from you guys, so if I didn't know it already its because you didnt teach me yet lol big_smile

Anyway I've just done it on a couple of hubs so hopefully it will work (anyone need an iPad stylus smile, just in case you felt like checking).

1. waynet profile image48
      waynetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No I never mock!
      I was a newbie one day in time!

8. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

Really????No!!!!

working