Will copying my profile information make a difference?

1. cocopreme profile image89
    cocopremeposted 6 years ago

I usually use the same profile information on all the sites that I use.  Will copying and pasting profile info on multiple sites affect author score or anything else?  I am about to update my profile and it's just easier to use the same info.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I would think that if a search is done and all these identical profiles showed up...I wouldnt know which one to go. Depends on how you would like to be found I guess? hmm

3. MikeNV profile image76
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

It shouldn't as profile pages are really not commerical.  Duplicate content on Proflie pages is not an issue.

Just cut a line of text from your profile and search it in Google.  See how many times you appear and you'll understand what I mean.

2 Considerations

1.  Branding... as you work to build your own personal BRAND you want to deliver a consistent message.  People identify with you right away.

2. The flip side to Branding is if you are not careful and do something to make the Search Engine Gods unhappy it's pretty easy for them to quickly find you.  You want your Brand to represent high quality!