jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

New Feature - SERP Details?

1. Mutiny92 profile image86
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

With the new keyword info available for a hub, it would be nice to include the SERP for that same keyword. Even if it just showed google and yahoo.

I think it would be good to limit the results to the first 5 or 10 pages of Google (for example).  It would probably be smart to limit it to your top 2 or 3 keywords as well.

I currently log on to SERP checkers to look for the same information. Your thoughts?

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Keyword stuffing is definitely frowned upon hmm but most authors here do their research whether before or after writing their hub. Not sure having the SERP on hand while writing is a great idea but may be good for newbies? hmm tools are nice but too many makes for clutter n who wants that? tongue lol

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I think that would place a pretty hefty load on the servers, Personally I would preffer less information and more accurate traffic stats from Hubpages, Google Analytics can provide the detail.

4. Mutiny92 profile image86
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

Oli, it may be a tax on the servers, but I suspect that there are ways to mitigate it.  Maybe the SERP is only update weekly?

Dame, I agree with KW stuffing.  I use the SERP after the fact to see how well my hub is competing on the SEs where I think it should.