jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

rateitall.com

1. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

Has anybody used rateitall.com as a backlinking site? It was listed as a good dofollow site on a page I was reading but I've looked around the site a bit and I can't really see anyone posting links in their comments on there.

I just wondered if anyone else has used it because I can see why it would be a great place for backlinks and for actual people clicking on the link.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The general consensus is that there is no such thing as a bad backlink and this site has a PR of 6 so I say go for it!

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I couldn't see anyone posting links in comments either, and couldn't see how you would do it.  Help, anyone?

2. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

thanks for informing us about this site smile

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Currently trying to figure it out now. This information is a little confusing but also allows adsense share ...

http://www.rateitall.com/wt-rateitall_economy.aspx

3. jenblacksheep profile image84

Ok, maybe I'll hold off posting on there then. Looked like a good way to get some links but I don't want to get banned before I'm even started so I'll wait till there's more info!

Thanks for the replies though guys!

4. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

I've cracked it, I think.  This is how I think it works:

You don't post links in your reviews.

What you can do is add new products to their database.  When you add a new product, you can include a link (actually, more than one link but I'm not sure how many). 

You are supposed to search first to make sure the product isn't already listed, then it will ask you whether you want to add it. 

Warning - I added a product and used the "description" section to review it.  That's the wrong approach!  The description is a description - what you do then, after you've saved it, is review it yourself using the "review" button, to get the reviews kicked off.

I'm still trying to work out whether you can put an affiliate link in!

I'm Marisawright over there if anyone wants to link up.

5. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

You can also add your blog to their directory:

http://www.rateitall.com/s-4679-blog-directory.aspx

1. katiem2 profile image60
      katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great tips, thanks for the leg work Marisa smile

1. katiem2 profile image60
        katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I signed on and it worked breezy, thanks all smile

6. jenblacksheep profile image84

Thanks for checking that out Marisa, I'll investigate it further later big_smile

working