I have been on hubpages for 5 weeks now, I have gained so much knowledge and had so much fun, but 3 things are on my mind; it doesn't matter how many hubs i read I never seem to understand the answers. PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE MY HEAD EXPLODES.
1) I hae got the gist of backlinks but when I submit articles to sat shetoldme; how different have they got to be?
2) I have started a basic blog on blogger but it is rubbish. Doeas anyone have the name of a good template on blogger that can be used for a main page then have sub pages were I can place my hubs/articles without it causing hubpages accusing me of duplicate content?
3)Does anyone use an Amazon astore, can they be used on blogger and are they any good?
Sorry turns out they are not little questions after all and I fully understand if you all choose to ignore me as a nuisance.
But here's hoping so I can go to bed with a clear head.
Re. 1) I'm not sure I understand the question...
Re. 2)... (Part answer): Blogger recently changed to a new custom design platform with better layouts and customization options. But a blog - by definition - is different from a website, because the newest post will automatically be displayed on top, with older posts underneath. You may want to consider a free website instead/as a supplement. (I cannot see how to avoid duplicate content issues either way, but maybe experts will have a solution to that).
Re. 3) Amazon astore - it is created when logged into your Amazon account, then code is generated for you, and you can easily insert the code into Blogger, which allows HTML. They don't look too bad, play around with customization options and the most relevant products.
Hopefully, this response will move your bed time a little closer.
Thanks Website Examiner
Re.2) I was toying with a website but was quite daunted by the whole business, on reflection I am now wondering whether a blog is the right route for me, ok for a backlink but won't really achieve what I want it to do. If you know of any good hubbers with good blogs for me to view (maybe yourself?) I would love to take a look.
Re.3) If I was to put an astore on blogger would it simply move down the page when I put new post on or have I misunderstood and it would be seperate to the blog rather it would be a link to my store?
Sorry if I sound thick it's nearly 12 midnight and I really should be tucked up in bed,
Aiden, you are welcome.
I am not much into the commercial aspects, since I do not write for this reason, so what I can tell you is going to be pretty general (disclaimer: don't take my word for it, but use it as inspiration).
I use Wordpress.org, integrated with my own website. Wordpress allows you to have pages and posts. Pages are fixed, they do not move around regardless of publication date. So if in Blogger you can create something similar, then you can simply make a page called "E-store" or whatever, and people will access that not on the front page of your blog (first post) but by clicking on the navigation bar.
But if backlinks is really what you are after, you may want to check out article directories as well/instead. Some with good search engine standing and "do follow" backlinks.
I am not too keen to post links here on the forum, if you need more specific suggestions you should feel free to contact me via HubPages.
In SheToldMe you are only submitting a link, not the whole hub so it's fine.
I would suggest setting up your blogger as - write ABOUT a topic related to a Hub (or Hubs) and include the link or links, to that hub. your Astore can be displayed in a permanent sidebar that doesn't change position. Only the blog post will change. Hope that helps.
1. The more different your content is, the more likely it is to turn up in a search. This will help with earning revenue from the site as well as directing traffic to your hubs. As to how different they have to be? I have read 30% different is a must, in order to not be considered duplicate content.
2. If you don't like the blogger templates available, then go to Edit HMTL, under Design, and scroll to the bottom of the page. There you will find 'Old Templates' click on 'Select Layout Template', and you will have the older designs available. There are many many ways to customize a blogger template, by playing with the HMTL. There are many guides online that show how to customize your own, plus, there are many backgrounds available, for free. Just search it out.
3. I use Amazon quite extensively on another profile, and it works well. It also works with blogger. I have made quite a bit more from Amazon through HubPages than I have through blogger, but I have also put much more energy into HubPages. Just take your time and learn the systems. Keep at it until you are comfortable with them.
So do I write new articles for shetoldme and imbed a link to hub rather than just a link?
I guess I need a crash course in blogger but I am the impatient type that want's to have everything fixed today; if you know what I mean.
I like the idea of a store and as you say time and experience is all that is missing.
Great advice thank you
Shetoldme needs about a 50 word summery of some sort. The site gives some good suggestions, and tells you the why. I usually focus on creating a summery that uses one or two key words form my article, for triggering the ads on shetold me. These summaries also generate traffic, as they draw the reader in.
Off the top of my head, I can't remember how their links are done.
by viryabo7 years ago
I was wondering. Can i can put my Snipsly, ShetoldMe, Blogger,etc. into my google analytics account?If yes, how do i do it? I know i have to fill it in as a new domain without the www (or something like that), but i...
by Brie Hoffman5 years ago
Every time I write a new hub I post it on Redgage as well as SHETOLDME and a few others... Now when I go and check it later my Redgage posting is in google search but not hubpages...WHY?Anyone?
by ryankett6 years ago
I beat my record number of impressions by about 600, I beat my AdSense record by about 75 cents, meaning that my AdSense record now stands at approximately $47.45..... and I shipped 8 Amazon items for $35.17...
by Ritchie Hicks5 weeks ago
I have a hub which was being left alone and getting a stead 400-500 views a day, until today when I added one line of text. Suddenly, a moderator has decided to snip the one and only amazon capsules I had on the page (a...
by mcbean6 years ago
After reading another info packed hub from Mark Knowles I note he recommends not using the revenue sharing feature of sites such as Shetoldme and snipsly as your adsense code will leave a 'footprint' for google to see...
by Your Knowledge6 years ago
I just tried to post two hubs to shetoldme and the urls wasnt allowed. Is Hp now outlawed by them as well?
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.