jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How to avoid Google Adsense click fraud when using public computers?

1. World-Traveler profile image60
    World-Travelerposted 6 years ago

:-) Question: What if I log onto my Hubpages from a community computer such as those located in a college or university library, or Internet cafe?

What if I log out and then someone else uses the same computer an hour, week or month later and my website (or Hubpage) is listed in the history of the address bar? And what if that person, or people, click on my web site (or Hubpages), brings up my Hubpages and starts clicking on my Google Adsense ads?

Google logs the ISP of that computer and any corresponding clicks on the Adsense ads. Will Google delete my Adsense account?  Would Google consider someone else clicking on my ads from a public computer that I had used in the past as click fraud?

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When  you access the world wide web via internet cafes and libraries, do you check out the sites in the history of the address bar and then click on all the ads on those pages?

Chances are you don't. But do as BrettB suggests and don't log into your Adsense account from these terminals.

2. Len Cannon profile image90
    Len Cannonposted 6 years ago

Lot of what ifs.  Google doesn't concern itself with one or two random clicks over a month.  If you're really that concerned, don't log in or make sure you use a browser that has a privacy mode.

3. brettb profile image70
    brettbposted 6 years ago

The best thing to do is only ever log into AdSense from home.