jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Weird & Strange

1. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

I haven't really looked at the forums for a few days.  Is it me or is it getting stranger by the day?  I'm waiting for a full out war to blow up in politics and religion.  Then there are just plain weird random threads that mean nothing.....like this one lol

I think I'll go get my GED in Politics and Religion so I too can become an expert lol  Yes, I'm being sarcastic lol  And bored.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

there is an 'argument thread' running especially for airing similar views to those you see in the forums - you know plain stupid vicious and moronic -   and patently untrue false and downright libelous big_smile

2. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

It is becoming unusual and odd, I sat on a thread last night reading everyone's responses. One person was off the wall so I sat and laughed for awhile. So many debates. lololololo big_smile

1. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is so funny - I truly read them for the humor value.

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do too! lolololo Others times I may comment just a little but they are hilarious that is what I have been doing for the last 25 minutes. lololololo big_smile

3. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I sometimes lurk in the politics forums and very rarely post there.  Too much heat and hostility.

But I rarely even read anything in the religion forums anymore at all.  I don't even like to lurk there.  Sometimes the people that I agree with (maybe more theoretically than not) don't honestly represent the panorama of what I believe.  And the ones that I don't agree with often have good things to say, but many of them tend to bash anyone who disagrees with them in such a brutal way that I see no point in trying to converse with them on controversial topics.

It would be nice to see the humor in them, but some of the discussion seems so nasty.  I would rather spend my time in the Help forums, either asking or trying to answer questions.  There's a lot to learn!

4. Pearldiver profile image89
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I'm looking for a seconder for my proposed forum new rule request nomination. hmm

I wish to nominate a rule change that states:

Within the Forums Sarcasism when used as a Natural Bodily Response to Stupid is Allowed and will not incur a penalty...
    lol

1. profile image0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sarcasm as an ism - now that is an advance in writing - I am definately a sarcasist  - so I would vote for your rule big_smile

1. Pearldiver profile image89
        Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well Done CM... You picked up on itism lol

5. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

Maybe someone should start a forum game of writing a fictional story.  Each person writes 1-4 sentences, but ends with a half sentence which the next Hubber posting has to take up.  Okay, I'm getting some inspiration.  I think I'll go start this one myself. (It has probably been done here on HP before, but if so I missed it or it was before my time.)

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well you do that and we are waiting! smile

working